2 Magicians 2 perform Times Square Aug26

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
MaxNY
Favorite Magician: Jeff McBride

2 Magicians 2 perform Times Square Aug26

Postby MaxNY » August 22nd, 2002, 4:56 pm

The New York Post (Aug.20,2002) reports that Criss Angel will be staging his biggest stunt yet, at The World (WWF Eatery & Smackery) 1501 Broadway. Angel is set to be chained and shackled inside a water tank for 24 hours, aided only by a tiny 3/8th air tube. See also "I don't want to pee in your pool" Matchew (God Bless You) Fields thread...For how long can you watch a guy underwater?? If he was doing underwater, Louis DeMatos style card tricks, than I could watch... You may want to cross the turnpike to #3 Times Square where Max the Magician (yes, that guy soon to be seen on Cingular commercials everywhere) will be amazing people at the Chase Manhattan Bank. Say you saw this in Genii forum, and I will show you my one card trick!

Jim Maloney_dup1

Re: 2 Magicians 2 perform Times Square Aug26

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » August 22nd, 2002, 4:59 pm

Originally posted by MaxNY:
Max the Magician (yes, that guy soon to be seen on Cingular commercials everywhere)
Or currently on the Cingular commercials? I saw one the other day (perhaps yesterday or the day before?) with a magician -- was that you?

-Jim

Mitch Dutton

Postby Mitch Dutton » August 22nd, 2002, 9:01 pm

Yeah... I saw you tonight on TNT - appearing cane, dove pan - that IS you, right? Good spot! --Mitch

MaxNY

Postby MaxNY » August 23rd, 2002, 4:19 am

For the report I filed for the Cingular shoot, look under General magic. The Dove pan/rabbit was some animal trainer... a bunch of the guys did silk to cane, I did 2" Ostrich plumb to cane. I also did the Linking rings with a smash through while one was spinning on the floor, (that was the trick they really wanted from me). I also did silk thru/off ring, and a dissappearing bird cage (bare handed).

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » August 23rd, 2002, 7:45 am

Hey Max -- Duh, I posted in that other thread when you originally posted it. Anyhoo...what times are you planning on being in Times Square? I'll stop by if I can.

-Jim

MaxNY

Postby MaxNY » August 23rd, 2002, 5:36 pm

Monday Aug. 26th 10a-1p
Tuesday Aug. 27th 1p-4p
#3 Times Square Chase Manhatten Bank... There might be other guys working, I kinda got that idea from my agent.

MaxNY

Postby MaxNY » August 26th, 2002, 7:03 pm

Chris's pool party started to appear pretty cloudy near the end on the day. I guess you can swim in your-in... but is he drinking water? and how? The air tube appears to be a full face-mask with pressurized air kind-of-a-set-up. I really wanted to believe that he was gonna be sucking from a tube...the crowds are good, about one or two deep. Twice when I walked by, he was facing into the joint, I guess they want you to buy their WWE under-roos.

Rene Clement

Postby Rene Clement » August 26th, 2002, 8:45 pm

I stopped by Chris Angel's stunt this afternoon. You can see him through the outside window, but they did let people walk in right up to the tank. Chris was waving to the people from within the glass tank.
I got to take a few digital photos of him pretty close up.

MaxNY

Postby MaxNY » August 27th, 2002, 6:07 am

Sorry about this late thread, but Angel got himself 3/4 page publicity in Sunday's (August 25,2002) New York Post. They article is entitled "Houdini Jr.?". He also blacked-out when in rehearsal...familiar health crises during rehearsals? And he too does his stunts with a parents bout with cancer in mind...The one part of the article that sounded exciting " That's why I challenge (celebrity escape artist) David Blaine to go toe-to-toe with me, I've tried to contact him, but I still haven't heard from his people". I like (celebrity escape artist) as opposed to Crazy Joe the (Cement Made Man).

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » August 27th, 2002, 5:46 pm

Celebrity escape artist? Since when does Blaine do escapes?

-Jim

Return to “Buzz”