Dr. Albo

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
George Olson

Dr. Albo

Postby George Olson » November 23rd, 2002, 7:47 am

Interesting thing last night.

At my venue, I was called over to a table and the lady asked me if I knew or knew of a "Bob" Albo.

She had a bet with her husband that I wouldn't know him, when I said I know of him and have enjoyed perusing his works. The gentleman said something to the effect "...see I told you..."

It turns out he was Dr. Albos Assistant Surgeon years ago. We chatted briefly and he informed me he had all 7 of his volumes, "...a cherished gift.."

His name is Dr. Michaels.

Nothing special about posting this, I just thought it was interesting. Like the time Dr. Tarbel's niece introduced herself. Tom Ogden's sister who said she was a box jumper for him years ago.

For a little Family Restaurant in Portland Orygun
We've had a bunch...Doc Eason, Rich Bloch, Nick Ruggerio, Joe Stevens, Billy Macomb, Jon Racherbaumer, Stan Kramien, Mike Close, Reed McClintock, etc., etc. pop in at one time or another.

Geo
:)

Pete Biro

Re: Dr. Albo

Postby Pete Biro » November 23rd, 2002, 9:14 pm

Albo can be often seen on the sidelines of the Oakland Raiders. He's their "chief medical officer." :cool:
Stay tooned.

Steve V

Postby Steve V » November 24th, 2002, 12:16 am

He must be a friendly fellow as he is the most often local name brought up when I meet folks when they find out I'm a magician. I've not yet had the opportunity to meet Dr. Albo.
Steve V
Steve V

Postby Guest » November 24th, 2002, 9:53 am

I had spoken to Dr. Albo on the phone one time when I had purchased the book " Classic Magic with Apparatus" ( which is vol #2 in the series ) at a book fair at Stanford University and on the inside cover it was signed " To Bing Crosby with admiration and respect, Robert J. Albo" so I called to ask him to authenticate that the book belonged to Bing Crosby and he said that it had and he used to golf with Bing and had also given him volume #1 and said that he had enjoyed it.Since that time I have acquired all volumes except the elusive #5, anyone have it at an affordable price ???

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » November 24th, 2002, 3:16 pm

Vol. 5 is the toughie... an error in the print order and Albo was "short" the number he had printed on the other volumes.

Rumor has it he is re-writing all of them!

Did you know Bob worked as an animator at Disney when he was young... he has a room full of Disney drawings in his home. :rolleyes:
Stay tooned.

Return to “General”