Bill Malone's book...

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.

Bill Malone's book...

Postby Guest » September 15th, 2001, 7:31 pm

Hello,

I was wondering ig someone out there had any info. on a Bill Malone book? I was mentioned in Art of Astonishment but I have not heard anything since....

Thanks!!

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Bill Malone's book...

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 15th, 2001, 9:34 pm

The Bill Malone book was supposed to have been written by Lance Pierce and published by L&L. L&L allowed its option to lapse over a period of a year or more, and Bill has decided that (at least for now) he no longer wishes to do a book.
At least that's my understanding of the situation.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Robert Kane

Postby Robert Kane » September 19th, 2001, 5:42 am

This may be moot since a book is on hold, but...

Would there be much value in a Bill Malone book of tricks?

His talent is his wonderful wit, style and presentation. Of course, he has tremendous technical ability too.

However, Malone has said that he rarely invents tricks and sleights. Rather he nuances existing ones to his own style and purposes. The "style" issue is difficult to capture in a book.

Would the book be more along the lines of the Mullica book or perhaps one of the Tamariz books on presentation? That would be useful.

I hope it would not just be a series of tricks that Malone uses because I feel that would be of limited value.

It would be great if the book could impart ideas on how to develop comedic routines or a winning presentational style. Otherwise what is the use of another book of tricks (other than a historical chronicle of the work of a presentational genius...which if well done is a pretty good reason)?

Just wondering... :)

Postby Guest » September 24th, 2001, 8:33 pm

Thanks for the info... I would have loved to seen a Malone book... I understand what your getting at Robert but I think there would be some cool stuff as well. By the way does anyone know if Bill Malone's version of 'Scarne's Aces' ('Hidden Secrets of Magic' NBC around '96) can actually be done? I've heard it go both ways... Just wondering... I HAVE NO CLUE HOW HE DID IT!! if it can actually be done!! It brings a smile to my face when I think about it :) What a great card trick.

Your friend in magic,
Bruno

Postby Guest » March 6th, 2003, 10:28 am

Any update? Lance?

Return to “Kaufman & Company”