Kaufman & Co.'s Most Underrated Book

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.
Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Kaufman & Co.'s Most Underrated Book

Postby Matthew Field » July 23rd, 2001, 9:19 am

Ryan Matney suggested:

>>We could do another topic here on what you think is Kaufman and Company's most under-rated book. <<

My answer would be "Secrets Draun from Underground" by Richard Kaufman, devoted to the magic of Steve Draun. A spectacular book. Followed by the Harry Riser book and the first Ibidem collection.

Matt Field

Jerry Harrell

Re: Kaufman & Co.'s Most Underrated Book

Postby Jerry Harrell » July 25th, 2001, 1:32 pm

Depends on what you mean by under-rated. You mean NOW? There are a number of books in the Kaufman catalog that may have been praised on release, but will be looked back on in fifty or a hundred years as being groundbreaking, like Eugene Burger's booklets from the 80's, Mastering The Art of Magic. I predict The Book, Or Don't Forget to Point will be rediscovered and spawn a whole new school of thought. And those magnificent slipcased reprints of Mahatma and Stanyon's Magic will be highly treasured.

Michael Edwards

Postby Michael Edwards » July 25th, 2001, 2:12 pm

No need to wait 50 to 100 years. I treasure these volumes now.

Originally posted by Jerry Harrell:
And those magnificent slipcased reprints of Mahatma and Stanyon's Magic will be highly treasured.

Postby Guest » July 25th, 2001, 4:49 pm

I agree with Matt about "Secrets Draun from the Underground". Steve Draun's Fan Peak is worth the price of the book. This book has much to offer.

Raj Madhok

Postby Raj Madhok » July 25th, 2001, 11:38 pm

Draun's Fan Peek (originally published in Apocalypse as "Spectator Challenge Peek" if I remember correctly) is the one card sleight I would take if banished to a desert island. You leave the impression you've read the spectator's mind without pumping or looking at the cards! And it's 100% sure-fire with a completely fair selection, unlike a classic force, mental fan force, or riffle force. Religions have been started on less...

Return to “Kaufman & Company”