Harvey Rosenthal material?

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.

Harvey Rosenthal material?

Postby Guest » October 31st, 2001, 8:49 pm

Hello Richard, love the site as well as several of your books. Rumor has it that there will be published material of H. Rosenthal; is it true? Having studied other Rosenthal material and watching clips at his site, I would certainly like to purchase more of his work. Thanks in advance.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Harvey Rosenthal material?

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 31st, 2001, 8:54 pm

At some point there will be a large book of coin and card magic by Harvey Rosenthal. I don't have time to write it because of my work on Genii (and I've been trying to finish the second Jennings book for 10 years!). But, eventually it will get done.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Luis

Postby Luis » October 31st, 2001, 10:32 pm

Jose Muiz will publish, some of Harvey Rosenthal's card material in November, as a one man issue of his magazine EGO.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » November 1st, 2001, 9:19 am

And while you're waiting for that Rosenthal big book, check out www.harveyrosenthal.com for some great movies.

Matt Field

Postby Guest » November 1st, 2001, 10:37 am

Hello Matthew, I've seen the site several times and love the clips; only I wish they did not take so long so download. perhaps it is simply my machine. Is'nt his square-up pass a thing of beauty? I love to watch the clip but he demonstrates it only three times. I would love to watch a video of that over & over and to receive instruction on it. Wow!!!

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » November 2nd, 2001, 6:37 am

You're correct, Robin, that the movies take ages to download. While you wait, practice your Pass.

This is the Neolithic Age of videos on the internet, but it heralds the era when interconnectivity will mean being able to watch sleight of hand magic performed (and explained) more clearly, especially timing issues for coin magic and anything with ropes or rubber bands. For me, the combination of books and videos is the best.

Steve Draun has just issued a CD-ROM of movies mostly illustrating magic from another of my favorite books, "Secrets Draun from Underground." His "Midnight Shift" and "Starfish Change" are great moves. Check out www.stevedraun.com for details.

Matt Field

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: Matthew Field ]

Steve Hook

Postby Steve Hook » November 2nd, 2001, 2:37 pm

A broadband internet connection, while expensive, will download your magic movies (and newsclips, music, Microsoft patches, etc.) in seconds instead of minutes.

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: Steve Hook ]

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » November 2nd, 2001, 6:53 pm

I would love to watch a video of that over & over...

Your machine is almost certainly NOT the problem. Video is too large for modem speed downloads. If you don't have (or like me can't get) a DSL or Cable network connection the best solutions is to save the files to disk (usually by right clicking on the link and choosing "save to disk" or some such equally obvious option) and watching them whenever you want, as many times as you want.

Return to “Kaufman & Company”