E-mail messare re: e-bay

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.
Harry Lorayne

E-mail messare re: e-bay

Postby Harry Lorayne » September 26th, 2007, 4:26 pm

Just received an email telling me to check eBay for magic items. One of those items is APOCALYPSE volume 4, selling for $86.00 plus p/h. I sell it for $6.00 less (regular price.) That doesn't bother me, what bothers me is that is says that it's out of print. IT ISN'T. HARRY LORAYNE.

Rick Ruhl

Re: E-mail messare re: e-bay

Postby Rick Ruhl » September 26th, 2007, 7:07 pm

Harry,

Since you are the copyright holder, you should contact ebay and let them know. This is a violation of the ebay TOS.

Postby Guest » September 26th, 2007, 7:33 pm

Should he contact Ebay because it says it is out of print? Maybe he thinks it is, wouldn't it be better to ask him to change the post first?

As far as the cost, I have seen many people pay more for books on Ebay that they can get online or at a store. To me, this is the buyer's problem.

Postby Guest » September 26th, 2007, 8:15 pm

It's not the buyer's problem if the book is intentionally misrepresented as being out of print.

If the seller does not know better, I'm sure that a question about it from Harry Lorayne will set him straight.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » September 26th, 2007, 9:00 pm

I "replied" to the email, telling him that the book was NOT out of print. It's not that important, really, it's just that people making statements of fact that aren't fact bothers me. HARRY LORAYNE.

Postby Guest » September 26th, 2007, 11:42 pm

Harry:

I don't like it, either. It would bother me if someone said that anything I had written or published was out of print when I had copies for sale, especially if the retail price were lower than the asking price on e-bay.

Roger M.

Postby Roger M. » September 27th, 2007, 8:29 pm

I believe you're referring to a chap who's here on the Genii forums.

http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/ ... 4;t=009097

Postby Guest » September 27th, 2007, 9:06 pm

He has LOU GALLO: THE UNDERGROUND MAN listed as "OOP & RARE", when it is still in print (at least according to the Kaufman and Company link above) and common (we have new copies in stock at the published price of $35, and Murphy's Magic supplies has a few copies still available to dealers). Ditto the Steve Draun book (SECRETS DRAUN FROM UNDERGROUND). Caveat emptor.

Return to “Kaufman & Company”