Re: Mr. Jennings Takes It Easy

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.

Re: Mr. Jennings Takes It Easy

Postby Guest » August 27th, 2006, 6:15 am

Richard,

I'm a big Jennings fan. As in Jennings '67 (which I love and bought when it first came out) there were some effects that were also described in Maxwell's work, Classic Magic of Larry Jennings, only with much greater clarity and less omissions of subtle details you felt were important to the execution.

In "Mr. Jennings Takes it Easy" (and for that matter "Mr. Jennings Takes it Hard") will there be additional re-writing of effects previously published only with better descriptions of the handlings?

Thanks

Peter

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Re: Mr. Jennings Takes It Easy

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 27th, 2006, 11:35 am

The two books that are coming do have a few redescriptions in them, but that constitutes a tiny percentage of the material. Mr. Jennings Takes It Easy, for example, contains a different handling of "Ambitious Classic" that eliminates a very weak point in the beginning as it was described in Classic Magic. So, if something is explained again, it is most often a new handling (Larry had several handlings of "Ambidextrous Travelers" that are better than the one in Classic Magic).
The biggest problem with Classic Magic is in the many details missing and the descriptions of the sleights.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » August 27th, 2006, 12:02 pm

I just got Jennings '67 and really like it. The method for getting into "Invisible Palm Aces" is certainly a nice thing that wasn't in the Maxwell book.

I really look forward to the next book in the cycle.

Postby Guest » September 8th, 2006, 6:58 am

Richard.

Is there a revised, estimated publication date for the new Jennings book, please?

Respectfully,

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 8th, 2006, 7:35 am

Still working, albeit a bit slower. About six more sleights and six more tricks to write. Then it's time to take photos. Michael Albright will lay it out, so there's not bottleneck there. Fingers crossed for 2007!

Postby Guest » September 8th, 2006, 10:29 am

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.
It will be worth waiting every damn second for!
I'll pay now if I could!
Peace,

Postby Guest » September 8th, 2006, 11:55 am

Wow. I've now had a chance to read Jennings '67 more in-depth and it's terrific. Since it's still in print, I highly recommend it to all you Jennings fans out there. Can't wait to see what Richard has in store for us in the second volume.

As far as layout for the new book goes, Albright is excellent - a really good choice. I understand he's busy at the moment laying out Darwin Ortiz's new book.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 8th, 2006, 7:34 pm

Chris, Michael Albright is not involved with the project you mention.

Return to “Kaufman & Company”