Books on Jennings

Discuss your favorite books, authors, and tricks from Kaufman and Company.
Eddie

Books on Jennings

Postby Eddie » February 3rd, 2002, 1:10 pm

Hi Richard could you tell me when you will be publishing the follow up books to Jennings 67. thanks Eddie[email]null[/email][/LIST]

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Books on Jennings

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 3rd, 2002, 8:32 pm

Eddie, I am within a few pages of finishing the next book, "Mr. Jennings Takes it Easy." I have also written part of the third book, "Mr. Jennings Takes it Tough."
The "Easy" book will be between 300 and 400 pages, and the material contains NO passes, palms, culls, reverses, etc.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Eddie

Postby Eddie » February 4th, 2002, 11:32 am

Hi Richard thanks for your reply,do you havw any publication dates. Just to let you know ,Jennings 67 is a great book .I can't wait for the next two .Thanks again Eddie. ]

Postby Guest » February 7th, 2002, 12:35 pm

Richard,

I second the commetn that Jennings '67 is a great book (and I bought it for $20 via your scratch and dent sale and it was in pristine condition). Can't wait for the next installment.

Richard

Thomas Van Aken
Favorite Magician: Mike Skinner

Postby Thomas Van Aken » February 8th, 2002, 1:04 am

Speaking of Jennings 67
In the book RK gives us what he calls something like "the most recent and accurate description" of LJ "Open Travellers" (5 cards version).
In the book's description, the standard Adrian Plate's Excelsior Change is used to palm the last ace.
In his last video, we can see LJ uses "a Jim Patton's unpublished variation of the Plate's Change" (credited at the end of the tape) to perform the same task.
More curious is the fact that Patton's move is published and credited in an earlier video Jennigs video from A1.
I personnaly think that the Patton's variation is beter in the context of the open travellers but that's a personnal view. I use it for palming both the fourth and third ace.
Thomas

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 8th, 2002, 8:12 am

Jennings did NOT use the Patton palm most of the time. He did it on the videos because he thought magicians would be interested by it.
When he normally did the trick, he used the Plate palm as described.

Hannes Freytag

Postby Hannes Freytag » June 25th, 2002, 1:11 am

Hi,
i just read jennings 67 and i love it. now i want know, if you know a date when the new jennings book will come out?
hope it will be very soon :) )
Hannes

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » June 25th, 2002, 10:30 am

Hannes,
No date yet for Jennings '67. Hope to start Earle Oakes on making the drawings soon.

Return to “Kaufman & Company”