begginers DVD

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.

begginers DVD

Postby Guest » December 30th, 2004, 11:27 am

my fiance bought me pure effect a while ago and also i now have a card trick encyclopedia but i think a dvd showing slights and such would be of great help, any suggestions ?

Re: begginers DVD

Postby Guest » December 30th, 2004, 3:54 pm

f you mean a beginner card sleight DVD, try Richard Kaufman's excellent Basic Basic Card Technique. Great start! No tricks, but you can add the sleights learned to tricks you find in magic books.

Also, Amateur Magician's Handbook by Henry Hay is full of great card instruction, and fine tricks, plus a solid introduction to the whole field of magic. $10 hardbound at chain bookstores.

Jon

Postby Guest » December 31st, 2004, 8:21 am

thanks, Thats the kind of thing i was hoping for, theres so much stuff out there just needed a gentle shove in the right direction

Postby Guest » January 31st, 2005, 11:21 am

Expert card technique is consider by many the bible of card sleights.

It`s not very expensive (15$)
and many dvd, books and such will refers to this book.

Only downside is that it`s a book and can be more difficult to use for beginner compare to dvd

Postby Guest » February 1st, 2005, 4:57 pm

I agree that Expert Card Technique is a fine book, but I disagree in that it is not intended for beginners.

Try ROYAL ROAD TO CARD MAGIC, or Harry Lorayne's THE MAGIC BOOK, or Henry Hay's AMATEUR MAGICIAN's HANDBOOK for a great start in cards. Also, the latter two books are a great start in coins and general magic, too.

Jon

Postby Guest » April 19th, 2005, 4:43 pm

Certainly NOT a DVD, but my best pick is the five volume set of Roberto Giobbi's "Card College" books. I think this set is published by the Hermetic Press. EXCELLENT material and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Postby Guest » May 17th, 2005, 3:48 pm

I've heard great things about all those books but I too am looking for a good instructional DVD on card magic. Any suggestions?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 17th, 2005, 4:37 pm

Try my Basic Basic Basic Card Technique:
http://www.mymagic.com/kaufman.htm
It's clearly shot, everything is well explained, and it will teach you most of the sleights you'll need.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » May 22nd, 2005, 7:40 am

Yupp bought that dvd when it was recommended, thanks it helped alot, im enjoying the journey so far

Return to “General”