Professional Face Painting for Kid-Show Entertainers

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.

Professional Face Painting for Kid-Show Entertainers

Postby Guest » December 23rd, 2003, 9:37 pm

How to get started... It is all here!

Phil Wilmarth of the Linking Ring said, "You don't have to be an artist to get oohs and ahhhs from adults and beams of delight from children. This is a direct to the point book. If you're looking for extra money and like kids... This book is for you. Highly recommended."

D.C. the Clown aka Don Schilling Genii Magazine said, "If you are a clown or Magician, and want to do more shows... you need this book. Tips on booking, Entertaining, Step by step easy to learn from Charts, over 60 designs. How to get started... it's all in there!"

Want More shows?
Bigger bucks?
Repeat engagements?

Than you should buy this book, Zorak did an outstanding job and we consider ourselves lucky to have had him sell the rights to us; I believe you will consider yourself to own a copy, so order yours today.

These are still selling for just $15.00 and there is a $10.00 companion book. If you buy both books together it will cost just $20.00

Click Here

This really is one of the best books on the subject and it was written by an artist, not a supplier; meaning it is not just a commercial for someone product. In this Book Zorak tells you what works and what don't, his paint source will surprise everyone, his honesty and candor makes the book worth the read and the education you will receive could change the way you do things he is that good.

Rick Schulz

Re: Professional Face Painting for Kid-Show Entertainers

Postby Rick Schulz » December 29th, 2003, 10:39 am

What is the name of the "companion book"? :confused:

Postby Guest » December 29th, 2003, 5:11 pm

Sorry about that Rick, The companion book was also written/illustrated by Zorak and is called "20 popular characters" it includes all the popular cartoons like, Donald, Mickey, Minnie, Ninja Turtles, Big Bird, Garfield, Batman, and a ton of others. As with all of Zoraks stuff it is top quality and well explained, add this to the first book and youll have a complete cast of characters and designs.
Bill also included three sample face painting business cards to model your face painting card after...

It seems face painting has caught it's second breath and is becoming popular again, almost everywhere we go there is someone setup face painting, most of them are unprofessional, yet they are always packed with kids wanting to get something painted on them. Zorak gives a couple of neat ideas for hand painting also, rabbits, ballerinas, watches, rings etc. He also gives advice on what supplies youll need, this tip alone could save you big bucks. and finally he includes plans for a professional face painters table... this is like a turn key face painting business that can be added onto all of your other attractions.

These days it seems a childrens entertainer that does magic, balloons, and face painting is a triple threat.. so get in while the getting is good

Thanks for your question

Ken

C. Hampton
Favorite Magician: Tamariz, DaOrtiz, Coperfield

Postby C. Hampton » January 5th, 2004, 12:10 pm

Ken,

I do have a question about the book.

I've seen a few face painters (who hasn't???) Almost all of them use brushes, but I saw a few of them at a Disney park, that were appliying the paint with sponges, getting effects that looked like airbrush (pretty nice)

Are this techniques described in the book or is a standar face painting.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Carlos Hampton
www.damainquieta.com/conferencias

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » January 5th, 2004, 3:33 pm

Do either of these book talk about the legality/ethics of painting copyrighted/trademarked characters?

Postby Guest » January 5th, 2004, 4:40 pm

Carlos,

These books deal with Brush painting, but we all have to start somewhere. They also deal with the business end of it, as well as materials to use, and offer a great blueprint for a face painters table that is worth the price of the book.
So the book is a turn key type business for beginning face painters, as it walks you down that path, explaining brief history, materials, booking... the whole nine yards... the second book even offers several sample business cards. and both books are well illustrated.

Thanks

Ken

Postby Guest » January 5th, 2004, 4:57 pm

Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Do either of these book talk about the legality/ethics of painting copyrighted/trademarked characters?
Bill,

This is a great question and one I am glad someone is willing to ask. As far as legality/ethics, or goes... face painting is not permanent tangible item. I was in law enforcement in Baltimore City for 16 years, 11 of those years I was a detective, one of the task forces I worked was a counterfeit taskforce, we busted those that made illegal movies, and bootleg Cds. We also hit those that made fake Tommy Hilfiger, Nike and many of the other top brands. As we hit vendors, one of the things we were taught to ignore was crafts, tattoo shops, auto paint shops that offered to airbrush your local team on your truck or car for you, as well we ignored T-shirt airbrush stands that would spray paint a shirt for you with Mickey, your home NFL, MLB, Hockey Basketball or other team.

This was because those were not mass produced, nor were they knock offs of an exact item sold by the represented company.

Many of these companys want children to want their character painted on their face seeing as how these characters are in competition with one another, it is great to be on the list of those requested. If I was to order you to remove me from your list all it would do is remove me from the kids eyes and that could cost me business.

These companies do not however want us using their characters on our business cards or promotional material.

But coming from someone that enforced trademark, and copyright violations, I respect the question.. it shows you have good taste and an ethical responsibility I hope you cary with you through every phase of your life.

Thanks Again

Ken

Return to “General”