chavez course?

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.

chavez course?

Postby Guest » January 1st, 2003, 7:12 pm

does anyone recommend the chavez course? also I have a chance to buy it, but it's dated 1978. so I'm sure it has been updated since then so should I not buy it, or could I learn just as much from another source such as the Tarbell course I have mentioneed in another topic.

Re: chavez course?

Postby Guest » January 6th, 2003, 5:44 pm

please guys I need your help. Does anyone have the chavez course? Please tell me why I should or should not get it!

Rennie

Postby Rennie » January 7th, 2003, 7:04 am

Marino,
I have a portion of the Chavez course and it is almost all on sleights, no routines or tricks,if you are interested in sleights get the Bill Tarr books.For all around great stuff get the Tarbell course and if you are a beginner I strongly recommend the Mark Wilson course for starters.
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve is not !!

Paul Green

Postby Paul Green » January 8th, 2003, 7:24 am

Hi,

I have posted your inquiry to Dr. Dale Salwak. He is the current "Dean of Studies" of the Chavez Course.

Regards,

Paul Green :D :D :D

Postby Guest » January 8th, 2003, 9:02 pm

thanks guys, I appreciate your help. Hope I can return the favor someday.

thanks again,

RICHIE

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 23rd, 2003, 1:02 pm

Norm Nielsen and Channing Pollock were both graduates of the Chavez Course. However, this was live teaching from Benny Chavez. I don't know how the book version works, but I would think it would help.

I also think the Jeff McBride videos would maybe be even better.

One other point. Why would you want to do an act like that anyway, there are hundreds doing the same card manipulations... put on your thinking cap and create a character that suits you and then search out effects that fit that character.

Maybe a trip to McBride's Master Class????
Stay tooned.

Return to “General”