Golf Ball Routines

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.

Golf Ball Routines

Postby Guest » December 22nd, 2002, 11:55 am

I've been trying to create a good golf ball manipulation routine. I am working on de Kolta's 2 shell flash appearance, similar to the way Shimada teaches it on his tape. Billy McComb was kind enough to teach me his routine. I've read Now You See It, Now You Don't and part of the section on this topic in Routined Manipulations. I'm using Fakini's Multiplying Golf Balls, with 4 shells, if that helps.

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Re: Golf Ball Routines

Postby Steve Bryant » December 22nd, 2002, 6:15 pm

A follow-up question: Has anyone seen a really good patter presentation for doing billiard or golf balls as a talk piece? I've been wondering about this for many years, ever since Harry Mendoza's entire act was described in Genii. The Mendoza golf ball routine appeared in Magicana, but with no patter. Yet Mendoza probably had some given the nature of the rest of the act and where the golf ball routine fit. Any oldtimers out there know about this? (I think the Ade Duval routine last month was the first time I've ever seen any patter for this routine.)

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 22nd, 2002, 6:28 pm

Steve, you've forgotten Harry Riser's superb routine with different colored golf balls in "The Feints and Temps of Harry Riser." He also has a close-up billiard ball routine with patter in the book.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » February 1st, 2003, 3:05 pm

Ed Marlo put out a book by the name of "Arcade Dreams", which has a golf ball sequence in the, it is not manipulation, however, but, it is a very cool routine.

Postby Guest » February 1st, 2003, 4:25 pm

There is an excellent routine by Walter Gibson in Classic Secrets of Magic that requires no droppers or steals. It would work well with golf balls.

Return to “General”