New to the forum

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.

New to the forum

Postby Guest » April 10th, 2007, 6:24 pm

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and I am looking find out where I can go to apprentice under some one. Also to meet other performers. I have love magic for years now and I have finaly steped up and decided to learn and soon perform.

Is there any one who can give me advice on all of this. I currently live in kansas City, Missouri.

Thank You
Malic

Pete Biro

Re: New to the forum

Postby Pete Biro » April 10th, 2007, 7:18 pm

Welcome... looks like you need to find a local club and start hangin' out.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » April 11th, 2007, 1:11 pm

Welcome, Malic! :) Joining a club is an awesome way to make friends and learn a lot! Plenty of good ideas here as well.
Regards,
Paul Pacific

Postby Guest » April 18th, 2007, 5:02 pm

Hey guys thanks fr the replies. I will see what I can find here as far as clubs go.

Thanks

Malic

Postby Guest » April 18th, 2007, 5:48 pm

Welcome, Malic.

You have come to the right spot, as many of the BEST in the world visit this Forum.

Sometimes you'll read sniping, and obnoxious-rants, when people get irritated about something (like a phony-bastard pretending to have genuine psychic powers)
--But in all honesty, you will never find a group of people more willing to help and share than this group.

Best--David Cox

Postby Guest » April 18th, 2007, 6:11 pm

Welcome to magicdom.

There are two large organizations, the Society of American Magicians (S.A.M.) and the International Brotherhood of Magicians (I.B.M.) which both likely have meetings in your area. There is also a combined IBM/SAM website which may have just the information you are seeking.

Click HERE to go to a link page for more info about them.

Postby Guest » April 18th, 2007, 6:22 pm

Malic,

If you are under age 18, I invite you to look into the SYM, Soceity of Young Magicians, a youth group, under The Society of American Magicians:

http://www.magicsym.com/

I am a Past Regional Vice President of the SAM and will be happy to help you with any assistance I can to get you in a group close to your home...

opie

Return to “General”