walgreens magic

All beginners in magic should address their questions here.

walgreens magic

Postby Guest » June 9th, 2003, 5:40 am

There is a topic like this already about walgreens stud cards but I didn't want to bring it up again so I'm starting a new one. Not much of a topic but info. I went to walgreens the other day and found two kinds of boxed magic effects for kids. One is "cool magic" and the other "money magic"
"cool magic" contains cups and balls, candy tube(turn ordinary sugar into real candy),crazy card and wonder water (the effect where you turn soda bottle upside down and it doesn't spill)
"money magic" contains crystal tube(to vanish bills or small items)money factory(change one coin into another)coin paddle and coin puzzle(it's a card)
The best part of this is that each set costs YES one dollar. Thats $1 plus tax. It's pretty good stuff for kids, and let me tell you of a great quality for the price. Just packaging alone must have cost a dollar. Never mind the effects. Exept the puzzle coin and wonder water effects the stuff is great! Really worth your dollar I think.
Those sets are made by Fantasma magic.
click here
Just to let you know...

Angelo Carbone

Re: walgreens magic

Postby Angelo Carbone » June 19th, 2003, 4:48 pm

I work for Fantasma Magic and yes these magic tricks are EXCEPTIONAL value.

The real magic is how we can release magic at such great value.

Look out for more magic from Fantasma in the coming months...

Steve V

Postby Steve V » June 21st, 2003, 3:47 pm

Angelo....can you send me an 8x10 soft focus of Sarah? Thank you.
Steve V
Steve V

Frank Tougas

Postby Frank Tougas » June 22nd, 2003, 7:39 am

Thank you Mikie and Angelo. Besides my passion for magic I work as a psychologist and deal with a lot of troubled kids. The six to ten year old crowd can be engaged quite readily through the use of magic.

I am always looking for a source of small items that are either already packaged tricks or can be made into tricks.

I just scored big at a Dollar Store that was closing up shop at the local mall, 79 cents each. Thanks for the Walgreens tip, I was just in there yesterday to pick up some cards, now I will be going back.
Worthiness is measured not by how much you chatter, but by how much you help another.

Steve V

Postby Steve V » June 22nd, 2003, 10:41 am

Our Walgreens must be out of whack with the rest of 'em because the sales of cards etc. are not taking place at the two I know of in San Jose.
Steve V
Steve V

pixsmith

Postby pixsmith » June 22nd, 2003, 11:29 am

Funny you should mention that -- I just went last night to the one that I know of (but to be fair, I am translplanted here from Texas for the summer so I get a little leeway for having bad geography) on El Camino Real and no dice (err.. cards) there either.

If you can't trust a chain store . . .

Cheers,

Pix

Steve V

Postby Steve V » June 22nd, 2003, 6:21 pm

El Camino...is that the one in Santa Clara?
Steve V
Steve V

magicpirate82

Postby magicpirate82 » June 22nd, 2003, 6:36 pm

Thanks to the tip here, I just checked today to pick up a few for the neighborhood kids. The local Walgreens here in Danville doesn't have the kit. Hopefully they'll stock it soon. :cool:

pixsmith

Postby pixsmith » June 22nd, 2003, 9:48 pm

Steve --

Yes I think it is. I think there is another nearby that I am going to check out tomorrow. The show is finally up so I have a day off and am going to do a little exploring. I only know where KMART, Fry's and microCenter are so far <g>

If I turn anyup, I will let you know.

Cheers,

Pix

Steve V

Postby Steve V » June 22nd, 2003, 11:47 pm

Thanks...you are right in the area my company is located.
Steve V
Steve V

John Signa

Postby John Signa » July 1st, 2003, 12:58 pm

The San Jose Walgreens at Kooser and Blossom Hill had a large quantity of all three sets a couple weeks ago. Might want to give them a call and see if they still have any.

John

Angelo Carbone

Postby Angelo Carbone » July 2nd, 2003, 7:30 am

Hi Steve,

Just checked up on this thread.

What does Sarah get in exchange for a photo? ;)

Angelo

Postby Guest » July 2nd, 2003, 10:21 am

Howzabout if I make it to NYC I'll not hang out in her office gazing into her eyes? That's gotta be worth something.
Steve V

John Signa

Postby John Signa » July 21st, 2003, 1:46 pm

FYI: If you are still looking for the three sets at Walgreens, might want to check again. This week's Dollar Sale flier includes a section of dollar toys, and included in the item photos is one of the dollar magic sets.
I checked two Walgreens and one didn't have any sets, the other had two "Awesome Magic" sets (includes Color Vision and Ball & Vase) in a large bin that included the other $1 toys.

Return to “General”