Doc Eason Multi Location Trick

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Doc Eason Multi Location Trick

Postby Guest » July 31st, 2005, 5:21 pm

What is the name of the tape Doc put out on the multi location trick . I belive it was a colaberation with another magician but I'm not sure who .
Thanks
Phil.G

Jim Maloney_dup1

Re: Doc Eason Multi Location Trick

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » July 31st, 2005, 6:24 pm

I don't know that he put out a tape on it. He did write a book, along with Paul Cummins, entitled "Fusillade". Coincidentally, it's the latest book in discussion over in the "Book of the Month" forum.

-Jim

cgscpa

Postby cgscpa » July 31st, 2005, 6:54 pm

He does present and explain his Multiple Selection of 20 cards on Volume 1 of his Bar Magic series. I'm not aware of any video/DVD from Doc Eason devoted to just this effect.

Courtney Springirth

Brian Marks

Postby Brian Marks » August 1st, 2005, 9:55 am

Fusillade is the only product he did on the effect and its a book with Paul Cummins. I highly recommend it.

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » August 1st, 2005, 1:42 pm

It was also briefly touched on in the Aspen Bar Magic special edition of MAJ.

But if it's a tape he's after, Bar Magic volume 1 (which did have Ammar present, which might be the 'other' magician mentioned).

Take care, Ian

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » August 1st, 2005, 2:15 pm

The strongest feature of Doc's routine is his interaction with the audience. I'd recommend the Bar Magic video as you get to see him DO the trick for a real audience.

If you're interested in the trick and not just Doc's handling of it I recommend you study Martin Nash's handling, and Darwin Ortiz's from At The Card Table. Both are worth your attention.

The other dozen or so I studied didn't do much for me.

Bill Malone has a VERY interesting control that he uses for his MS routine (on the On The Loose videos).

But in the end it is Paul Cummins who is the master of this effect.

I read his book FUSILADE, after studying the trick for quite some time and he still had insight into the effect the I consider profound.

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » August 2nd, 2005, 12:22 am

Interestingly, in the video Doc goes into a small selection of the reveals; to get a fuller picture of the possibility of the effect one should work from the video and the printed resources (as with most things). PLus, you would get the benefit of Paul Cummings' work in Fusillade.

The MAJ issue would be harder to track down.

Take care, Ian

Vraagaard

Postby Vraagaard » August 2nd, 2005, 1:10 am

BTW, Bill Mallone has a great version as well on his On the loose DVD's. Would like to see Doc's version also.

Let me reveal the greatest and easiest multiple selection routine. Have 52 audience members pick a card each and remember them, have them returned and reveal them one at a time.

Brian Marks

Postby Brian Marks » August 3rd, 2005, 9:09 am

Originally posted by Vraagaard:
Let me reveal the greatest and easiest multiple selection routine. Have 52 audience members pick a card each and remember them, have them returned and reveal them one at a time.
The revelation is known as 52 card pick up.

Anthony Brahams

Postby Anthony Brahams » August 15th, 2005, 6:51 am

Aldo Col. has an excellent control/handling. Was in his lecture a year or two ago, possibly in a separate booklet.
Anthony

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » August 15th, 2005, 3:53 pm

I got to see Aldo's routine at the Day O' Magic this weekend. It's better than 90% of the routines I've studied and his selection procedure is brilliant and simple. One thing that distinguishes Aldo's control is that you can alter the order of the selections or add cards between the selections, without much effort, which allows you to setup for spelling / counting.

Adam Brooks

Postby Adam Brooks » August 16th, 2005, 6:31 pm

One thing that distinguishes Aldo's control is that you can alter the order of the selections or add cards between the selections, without much effort, which allows you to setup for spelling / counting.
But would you really want to use spelling/counting revelations on a multiple selection routine? I think they'd likely slow up the fusillade.

Just sayin'... ;)

Postby Guest » August 19th, 2005, 5:47 pm

Aldo C has a DVD with the full explanation of his method of controlling 12 cards chosen by spectators, and a great method of revealing them. The disk is called "Fireworks"..Highly recommended.

Glenn Aga

Postby Glenn Aga » August 24th, 2005, 9:07 pm

I second the favorable recommendation on Aldo's 12 card multiple selection. Study this, learn it, practice it, and perform it and you will love it. Anyone who has seen Aldo perform this can attest to how powerful an ending this effect can provide. (He did this at the Castle earlier this year)

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”