Tables for Stage

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Carl Mercurio

Tables for Stage

Postby Carl Mercurio » August 14th, 2003, 7:53 am

Who makes or sells a nice table for stage work. Looking for one that has wheels and a few shelves in the back to hold props and ditch stuff after a trick is over....

David Nethery

Re: Tables for Stage

Postby David Nethery » August 14th, 2003, 10:26 am

This looks good:

Jeff Hobson's Dream Table
http://www.encoremagic.net/dream_table.html

Carl Mercurio

Postby Carl Mercurio » August 14th, 2003, 11:03 am

Thanks...

Postby Guest » August 14th, 2003, 11:23 am

Get a Lefler table from Joe Lefler or any of your major (and some minor) dealers. It's the Cadillac of magic tables. Comes in 2 sizes, is indestructable. I've had and used mine for over 14 years now, and, oy vay...you won't believe the things it's been through. The only thing I don't like is the limited access to the bottom compartment. The only way to solve this would be to get the Pro-Table from Viking. This would be the Ferrari of magic tables.

Steve Thomas

David Nethery

Postby David Nethery » August 15th, 2003, 5:48 am

Here's a link for the Joe Lefler table:

http://themagicwarehouse.com/ds2420.html

Postby Guest » August 15th, 2003, 10:39 am

School for Scoundrels, in cahoots with Chris Reeseman of Encore Magic, will be producing the Billy McComb Nightclub Table. This is an incredible table that has the size and looks of a traditional three-panel table with solid top and three full-size shelves.

It stands 32 inches tall, is 11 inches deep, and 22 inches wide. It has rolling castors. Made entirely out of sturdy, honeycomb aluminum with pebbled USB surfaces (think Anvil Case), it will resist scratches and dents and stand up to heavy travel and usage.

But get this! The table is made so that all parts are hinged together, with no separate top or shelves to worry about, and folds up into a 22x18x4 inch package that will fit into the smaller of the two compartments of a full size Samsonite suitcase. It will weigh less than 12 pounds.

This means that no separate case is required for air travel. It can go into your luggage with clothes and other items, making it perfect for both corporate and cruise-ship performers.

Designed by magical genius Billy McComb for his wife June Merlin in the 50's, this table is a wonder of design and practicality.

Should be available before Christmas.

Postby Guest » August 15th, 2003, 10:47 am

Hi Carl,

Tony Clark makes a great table that is very sturdy, has wheels and is light weight.

Here is the site: http://www.tonyclarkmagic.com/StoreFront.bok

Good luck!

www.JeffEzellMAGIC.com

Carl Mercurio

Postby Carl Mercurio » August 17th, 2003, 7:44 pm

Thanks guys. Whit, pleasure to meet you at the Magic Castle a couple of weeks ago. Great stage work!!!

Postby Guest » August 19th, 2003, 4:02 pm

Thanks, Carl. My pleasure.

Postby Guest » August 19th, 2003, 5:45 pm

While this might not fit your particular show requirements I feel it is worth mentioning.

In the book "Tony Clark, Aristocrat of Magic" the author details the act Mr. Clark performed.

An integral part of this act was his table consisting of a box 21" square with an open top. This was attached to a simple tripod base.

Using this table allowed for steals and ditches of various items.

I have seen a table similar to this in use in Marvyn Roy's act, although I don't believe it was used for doing any skullduggery ;) (i.e. steals,etc).

Pete

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » August 19th, 2003, 7:21 pm

Contact Magic Inc., they published a book called, "Table Magic." It offers dozens of designs and ideas for tables of all kinds. :genii:
Stay tooned.

Carl Mercurio

Postby Carl Mercurio » August 20th, 2003, 8:26 am

Thanks Pete, you're the best.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » August 20th, 2003, 8:54 am

awww carl, you're just saying that 'cuz it's true... :rolleyes:
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » October 4th, 2003, 7:55 pm

Actually, Pete, Magic Inc. has TWO books on magic table building, both by Gene Gloye. The accurate titles are:

The Table Book -- 29 plans -- $10
The Table Book II: No Drapes -- $10

Jon

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”