Disappearance on stage.

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Gino

Disappearance on stage.

Postby Gino » March 8th, 2008, 10:21 am

I am looking for a method to disappear while doing my stage performance as a finale. Here is the catch, I don't want huge boxes or props, I want the simplest looking things to create the disappearance, like 2 chairs and a board across with a sheet..I stand on the board toss the sheet in the air and when it falls I am gone....something simple looking along those lines, I don't want anything that screams base or big box that can hide me is what I'm saying...can anyone point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

jerry lazar

Re: Disappearance on stage.

Postby jerry lazar » March 8th, 2008, 12:00 pm

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » March 8th, 2008, 12:27 pm

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Postby NCMarsh » March 8th, 2008, 1:39 pm

Simplicity has a price. It is, for many reasons (none of which are apparent to the audience), one of the least practical illusions. But I have never encountered a vanish of a human being that is as stunning and as simple (in terms of the audience's experience) as David Devant's "The Mascot Moth."

I would caution strongly against ending with a vanish. The audience is left in silence, breathing in, waiting for the other foot to drop. They aren't going to applaud an empty stage.

But a strong vanish, and they immediately hear a whistle behind them and you've re-appeared in the back of the theater...that ain't a bad finish...

N.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”