Card thru Window: Marvey vs. Kennedy

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Card thru Window: Marvey vs. Kennedy

Postby Guest » April 25th, 2003, 11:26 am

Does anyone have an opinion on either approach and value?

:help:

Brad Henderson

Re: Card thru Window: Marvey vs. Kennedy

Postby Brad Henderson » April 25th, 2003, 12:49 pm

Though you didn't ask about it specifically, the new "hot" card through window is Meeting Point. You should check out my review of it in www.mylovelyassistant.com where you will see I throw a bug bucket of water on the "heat." Good concept, not a great trick as sold.

I like the Kennedy handling. That last corner is Real magic. I'm supposed to review that one too. Until then, know that of all the marketed approaches, that one gets my vote.

Brad

GAMOLO

Postby GAMOLO » April 25th, 2003, 4:17 pm

I think you have to give the edge to the Kennedy...if for no other reason than he supplies you with two variations to display the card.
Hence its just not barely possible to ever enter someone's abode or a restrauant/commercial venue and not be able to somehow present or improvise a presentation on any transparent medium....whether it be a window or something else (e.g.,I have done it on glass tables, glass & plastic(?)decorative wall & room dividers, etc., etc.).
John's suggestive handling is flawless....requires minimal skill, affording maximum opportunity for showmanship, and absolutely blows everyone away.

Ray Eden

Postby Ray Eden » May 2nd, 2003, 7:02 am

A few months ago, I shot the "Kennedy Card Through Window" for a Finnish Television show called "Mit Ihmett?" I reworked the presentation a bit, and was able to do a signed card thru window by secretly obtaining an extra signature from the spectator a few days in advance to knock the effect up another notch. The episode will air in Finland on the 11th of May.

With that said, I really don't know how I would put this effect into my actual act. I don't like the idea of covering the card and then showing that it is on the other side of the window. It is a lot of money to spend for an effect that seems, to me at least, limited for proper venues.

Ray Eden

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”