Paper Switch Method...Exciting! Must Read!

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Paper Switch Method...Exciting! Must Read!

Postby Guest » March 8th, 2002, 7:15 pm

Hi,
can anyone suggest a method for switching a balled up piece of paper? I know it can be done with a simple sleight, but for what I have in mind, I'd rahter not even touch the paper. So if it were dropped into a bag or box, the more natural looking the prop, the better, for me. Ideas? Thanks!

Re: Paper Switch Method...Exciting! Must Read!

Postby Guest » March 8th, 2002, 8:18 pm

A brief look through my Tarbells yielded several ideas, including a simple box switch. I think I would use a mirror glass - you never tough the paper and (presumably) it never goes out of the sight of the audience. Just sneak a finger over the half-opening to keep the spectator's slip from falling out as you tip out the fake! --Asrah :D

Postby Guest » March 8th, 2002, 11:16 pm

Wow Asrah...A mirror glass is a GREAT idea. Certainly the best one on the board so far! Thank you. Why didn't I think of that?

Postby Guest » March 11th, 2002, 7:52 am

John,
If you want to avoid the gimmick-look of the glass...use a home-made double-sided paper bag. After the switch you can ball up the 'evidence' and throw it away.
This is what I use for switches on stage. I tend to avoid anything that looks like a prop. (It's cheaper, too!)

Ben S :)

Postby Guest » March 15th, 2002, 9:11 pm

thank you very much, Ben!

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » March 15th, 2002, 11:07 pm

How about a wastebasket gaffed?
Stay tooned.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”