Child does the magic

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Child does the magic

Postby Guest » December 20th, 2001, 4:09 pm

Hello all, recently I have seen kevin james product in which a suit is put on a child, you can put your arms in the sleeves and make it look as if the child is doing the magic. you could also do this by putting your arms under theirs and have them hold their hands behind their back. I realize this could be very cool because you could do sophisticated close up for the grownup and yet still have somthing funny and entertaining. Enter the problem. I don't consider myself a pervert but when twirling this idea in my head I realized that it can look strange to be standing behind a young person with your arms halfway around them. does anybody have any comments or solutions. I would like to find a way to make my hands theirs without looking like a wacko.

Noah "I just don't wanna get sued" Leving

Re: Child does the magic

Postby Guest » December 21st, 2001, 4:57 pm

This is toooooooooo easy.

Scratch the kid and use an 18 year old girl. Everyone will think you're normal. Just don't do any pop-up moves.

Postby Guest » December 26th, 2001, 1:19 pm

In my view your concern is of merit. Certainly this would work for some performers, but it exceeds my comfort level as far as physical closeness to a helper. I think some people in the audience could find it uncomfortable to view as well.

quack

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » December 27th, 2001, 11:39 pm

I have seen Lance Burton do this a number of times in his Las Vegas show and it was always a fun, entertaining hunk.
:eek:
Stay tooned.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 9th, 2002, 9:13 pm

The Dutch boys at the Castle this week are featuring this.

They really do a great job.

Last night they had a black man come on stage and when the "white guy's" arms came through to do the magic it was really funny.

The spectator loved it. The audience loved it.

What can I say.

:D :D :D
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » January 9th, 2002, 10:10 pm

Have one guy "be" the right arm, and another guy "be" the left arm and see what mayhem would ensue.

We could call it Ma-yhem-trix!

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 9th, 2002, 10:43 pm

Matt Corin and I used to do close up act using my left hand and his right... things like Twisting Aces, Coins thru Table and Cups and Balls. :mad: Sadly, Matt died young of Pneumonia in Idaho.
Stay tooned.

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » January 10th, 2002, 11:45 am

Yikes! Matt died?
Any details, Pete?
I heard from Matt many, many months ago...he had returned to the States and was using a different name...Then I heard that he had been killed in an automobile accident...However, he eventually ended up in Busby Country.

Now there IS an "untold tale"...eh?

Very sorry to hear about his death. I still remember you and Matt, performing "A.E.I.O.U" and the "Cannibal Kings" in the bar at the old Roosevelt Hotel in New Orleans in 1971. Matt and I were the only two guys at that IBM Convention with shoulder-length hair back in those hippy-dippy days.

Time sure flies...

Onward...

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 10th, 2002, 6:17 pm

I really don't know much. Matt was in touch with Caesars Magical Empire and was hoping to go there to work. A mutual friend called and then wrote to me. Matt apparently was camping out??? and got pneumonia. I have a letter with his sister's phone number and have not really sorted out what to say if I call.

He may or may not have been working for Busby, as you know at one time it was "Busby Corin" magic... but that was Matt's brother, who worked with Jeff.

Sadly, the whole deal from the top shouln't have happened, I think he panicked and fled when, from a prominant SF Family he likely would have gotten probation or a suspended sentence.

ARGH
Stay tooned.

Robert Kane

Postby Robert Kane » January 10th, 2002, 6:43 pm

Sorry Pete...I am missing something here...a suspended sentence for what? :confused:

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”