Gravity Box

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Robert McDaniel

Gravity Box

Postby Robert McDaniel » September 2nd, 2003, 6:12 pm

Any thoughts on Doug Malloy's "Gravity Box" being advertised on the Hocus Pocus site?

Robert

Jason London

Re: Gravity Box

Postby Jason London » September 2nd, 2003, 6:48 pm

Greetings,

Actually, Doug Malloy is contracted through us, Hocus Pocus, to build 100 units. Out of the 100 that are being built, 50 have already been pre-sold.

This effect is very, very clever and very well made. Anyone that knows Doug Malloy's work can testify to the craftsmenship he does.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact Hocus Pocus at 1 800 407 4040. :cool:

Postby Guest » September 2nd, 2003, 8:08 pm

I got my box from Ron Allesi. You can read my review here . You can buy it now from Ron by clicking here .

I believe it is actually Ron's idea, but he wanted Doug to build it because Doug makes such nice stuff. It is a wonderful idea and a great solution to the problem.

Jason London

Postby Jason London » September 3rd, 2003, 10:44 am

Andy,

Your post is slighty incorrect. The contract to build the Gravity Boxes is exclusive to Hocus Pocus Magic.

Doug Malloy has agreed to produce 100 only. Of that 100, Ron Allesi will receieve a small quantity of units. The rest of the boxes will be sold by Hocus Pocus only. At this point over 50% of the Gravity Boxes have been sold.

The original Gravity Box is NOT the creation of Ron Allesi. Ron was instrumental in Hocus Pocus securing the rights from the original creator. What we now have produced is a better version of the original effect.

Please feel free to check any of the sources if you have any further questions regarding Gravity Box.

Paul, the owner, spoke to Doug Malloy this morning. We will receieve our shipment of Gravity Boxes on the 15th of this month.

Hope this clears up any misunderstanding regarding this product.

Thanks,

Postby Guest » September 5th, 2003, 10:15 am

Hi to all...
I thought I might try and answer some questions about the Gravity Box. I am currently manufacturing 100 Gravity Boxes (over half of which are already sold)exclusively for Hocus Pocus.
An honest and detailed description can be found on their web site.

The box can be used on any smooth surface (table,floor etc...)The box CAN be handled by the spectator,however there is no need for them to completely examine the box because your presentation
should be more about the routine and what goes inside the box than the box itself!
Magic should be more of an emotional appeal, rather than a mere showing of curiosities.

I can honestly say I wish I had come up with this method because from a technical standpoint it is brilliant!

I don't think anyone who gets one will be disappointed. I know I will be definatly using it.
In my opinion IT IS WAY COOL!

For any detailed questions or ordering,feel free to contact HOCUS POCUS.

Doug Malloy (Malloy Modern Magic)

Mr. Stickley

Postby Mr. Stickley » September 5th, 2003, 11:48 am

Hmmm...

A bit confused. Abbotts Magic Company has been making a similar prop that I know uses the exact same method that sells for about a hundred bucks. Surprisingly, it is probably one of the first well built and quality looking props Abbotts has produced in decades. They were selling it the Get-Together all summer long. I could be mistaken, but I believe it was stated that one of the old Michigan guys created it. At any rate it's a great prop.

Mr. Stickley

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”