Does anyone know where can I buy Finn Jon's cigar that he use for his bubble act?

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Does anyone know where can I buy Finn Jon's cigar that he use for his bubble act?

Postby Guest » January 2nd, 2008, 3:40 am

Hello dear magic friends.I am a magician from Bulgaria.I am now making a new routine and I needed Finn Jon cigar that he uses in his bubble act.I was watching his cds but he doesn't tell how to make it and he doesn't say where can I buy it.If somebody knows where can i buy it or how to make it please tell me.I am also wooking for his foam cigar , becouse i couldn't make it.I wont to say that i am not copping his act.My act is tottaly diffirent.I will never steal his presentation.I am olso thinking to buy ''Multiplaying cigars'' are they good?Can you suggest me sourse for cigar manipolation.And i wont to ask , does someone have Reynold Alexander-''Smoke in floating bubble''.Is it good?I hope that I havent disturbed you.Thank you for your help.

Pete Biro

Re: Does anyone know where can I buy Finn Jon's cigar that he use for his bubble act?

Postby Pete Biro » January 2nd, 2008, 10:07 am

I think you just need a tube of cardboard and wrap it with brown paper tape. Also have a look at www.woodencigars.com
Stay tooned.

Re: Does anyone know where can I buy Finn Jon's cigar that he use for his bubble act?

Postby Guest » January 3rd, 2008, 6:32 am

Thank you for the wink to the site with the woooden cigars.But unfortiunatly its not so easy to make the bubble cigar.Is there somebody to know how to make the cigar or where to buy it.And if you now where csn i buy his Foam cigsr that he yous to vanish it in the thumb tip.I will be very happy to tell me.

Postby Guest » January 3rd, 2008, 10:01 am

If it was ever available commercially, it was probably available through George Proust.....I suggest you Email them.....or if you can read French, check their web site.

Email : contact@academiedemagie.com

http://www.academiedemagie.com/index.php

Academie de Magie Georges Proust
11 rue Saint Paul
75004 Paris
FRANCE
Tel: 01.42.72.13.26 and 01.45.36.01.20
Fax: 01.45.36.01.48

good luck,
carney

Postby Guest » January 3rd, 2008, 10:12 am

I bought one years ago from Stevens Magic Emporium.

It was pretty much just what Pete described. A plastic tube wrapped in what looked to me like masking tape and then dyed brown.

Postby Guest » January 3rd, 2008, 1:58 pm

I have one question to you Dave V .Does your cigar have something inside to howd a sigarette , becouse Finn Jon's bubble came out of the cigar full with smoke.And I woud like to ask if somebody have Roynold Alexander Smoke in floating bubble?Becouse I wont to ask is the quallity of this prop good.And can I buy it from another site , not from Hanklee,becouse they not good in shipping to Bulgaria.They shipped it verry slow and verry expensive.I dont know to the ather countries but to Bulgaria is like this.Thank you for the advise above. :)

Postby Guest » January 3rd, 2008, 2:19 pm

No, it was just the bubble tube. I think he switched it from a normal cigar once he filled his mouth with smoke. The marketed routine and gimmick didn't do anything more than blow bubbles.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 3rd, 2008, 3:06 pm

Why don't you contact Finn directly. You might find him via Proust or Stevensmagic..
Stay tooned.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 3rd, 2008, 3:16 pm

Here's the act... some of which I gave him (that was given to me from Fred Kaps)! :genii:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRN33ECtpSw
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » January 4th, 2008, 2:07 am

O my God!I never think that he can change the cigars.I was so stuped!Thank you verry much.

Postby Guest » January 4th, 2008, 2:10 am

Can you tell me exacly how can I contact with him.I will be verry happy if I can tolk with Finn Jon.

Postby Guest » January 4th, 2008, 2:14 am

But when I see it now he dont do switces.It was one cigar in the hole routine .Maybe he uses the smoke gimmic?

Postby Guest » January 4th, 2008, 3:46 am

There is a book by Finn Jon in which he details how to construct the cigar. The cigar makes the smoke and the bubbles, there is no separate smoke gimmick. Georges Proust should still have it, although I think I got mine from Stevens.

Postby Guest » January 5th, 2008, 1:39 am

I was chec in the sites that you told me and i find sonmething new.The Bubbler.Is this good.Does somebody have it , becouse i wont to buy it from the site , but I wont to know is it worth the money.Its verry expensive.And how wong is the tube.Becouse I am thinking to decerate it like a cigar.I hope I am not boring you with my questions. :confused: :)

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”