Upscale Insurance Policy

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
troublewit

Upscale Insurance Policy

Postby troublewit » December 2nd, 2002, 5:12 pm

Hello, I was wondering if any one knows of an upscale version of the venerable "Insurance Policy" trick is currently marketed. I was thinking of making one on parchment paper in calligraphy, but I seem to have read of a "beautiful version" someone was selling? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Christopher Klocek
337 N Wood St
Griffith, In 46319
219-765-7123
troublewit@aol.com

Bob Klase

Re: Upscale Insurance Policy

Postby Bob Klase » December 4th, 2002, 6:33 am

I don't know about any upscale marketed versions, but I made my own a few years ago. I used CorelDraw but you could use any good graphics program.

I print them on either Gray Parchment paper or Gold Parchment paper (from Office Depot). Two big advantages are that you can use a different card for each policy, and you can make different size policies.

For walk around magic I use 1/2 page for each policy. The name of the card on each policy is coded into a "Policy Number" printed on the front.

If you have access to CorelDraw (version 9 or higher) I'd be happy to send you the file.

troublewit

Postby troublewit » December 4th, 2002, 7:21 pm

Bob, you are very kind to offer. I will check to see if I have CorelDraw, and if I do, I will take you up on your offer. I haven't performed the effect for years, but I have a corporate banquet show for an insurance company coming up, so.it's a nice "hook" to use this trick. One reason I never used the marketed version is because I was always disappointed by the way the printed card could usually be seen "bleeding through" as you open the form. My idea was to make a "scroll" version in calligraphy on distressed parchment, and unroll it as the presentation goes forth. This way, the finale is not "tipped" by a premature glimpse thru the paper. I would like to give your idea a shot, though. It sounds great. Talk to you soon. Best regards, Christopher
Christopher Klocek

337 N Wood St

Griffith, In 46319

219-765-7123

troublewit@aol.com

troublewit

Postby troublewit » December 4th, 2002, 7:27 pm

Hi, Bob....I just checked, and yes, I do have CorelDraw version 10. If you would like to send me the file, I would be grateful. My email address is troublewit@aol.com. Thanks, Christopher
Christopher Klocek

337 N Wood St

Griffith, In 46319

219-765-7123

troublewit@aol.com

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”