Silent Ventriloquism

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Allen Tipton

Silent Ventriloquism

Postby Allen Tipton » October 21st, 2005, 1:30 pm

Can anyone help? Somewhere, in an American publication (book or magazine) there was a comedy routine called Silent Ventriloquism. Does anyone know its source please?
Allen Tipton UK

Paul Green

Re: Silent Ventriloquism

Postby Paul Green » October 22nd, 2005, 11:35 am

Hi Allen,

Regards,

Paul Green

PS I apologize for moving my lips during the above paragraph, but it has been awhile since I have done any ventriloquism.
:D :D :D

Tom Ladshaw

Postby Tom Ladshaw » November 28th, 2005, 5:52 pm

Allen....

Don't know if it's what you're looking for or not, but Phil D'Rey published a routine for a "silent" vent in one of the Ireland Yearbooks. I don't remember the year offhand (and thanks to hurricane Katrina I can't check), but I remember that the cover was pink with blue print. I'm relatively certain it was the 1953 issue. For what it's worth, it was a pretty decent routine, as was most of D'Rey's other material (his chapeaugraphy routine is apparently unknown to all but the most tenacious of researchers but I feel it's one of the best).

Tom Ladshaw
New Orleans, LA

Adrian Kuiper

Postby Adrian Kuiper » November 29th, 2005, 6:47 am

Forgive my stupidity, but could someone explain what a "silent vent" act would entail?

Thanks...
Adrian

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » November 29th, 2005, 11:34 am

Moving your lips with no sound coming out... :rolleyes:
Stay tooned.

Allen Tipton

Postby Allen Tipton » January 10th, 2006, 3:25 am

Thank you Tom Ladshaw for finding the source of the Silent Vent Routine. It is by Phil D'Rey and is in the Ireland Year Book (with pink cover) 1955,( you thought 53..very close) pages 17 & 18.
For those who don't have the Yearbook, it is a golfing routine, in pantomime,with magic effects. The vent'shouts' and tells off the doll who responds in pantomime so both mouths are moving but no sound ever comes out. Very funny.
Allen Tipton
UK

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”