Match Production

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Match Production

Postby Guest » November 2nd, 2006, 12:28 pm

I posted about a stage routine awhile ago that I was putting together. I wanted to add a segment with match prodution. I figured a move similar to a coin pass might work. I wanted to produce one and then others between the fingers of my hands. I don't know how many people have seem the Cardini footage but that is the style I want to reproduce. Thanks

Re: Match Production

Postby Guest » November 2nd, 2006, 1:15 pm

I don't know how many people have seem the Cardini footage but that is the style I want to reproduce.
Quoted for awesomeness... Cardini is known as one of the most imitated magicians ever. There have been magazines (Sorry Richard, not sure if Genii is one) that have had covers featuring only his hands. And everybody knew who's they were. I would study old Cigarette Magic books if I were working on Match productions, plenty of the moves work. Check out some matchbox stuff too, like Paul Harris' Flash Fold, or Mike Close's version of it, "The El Cheepo Magic Clu-". Not really manipulation style routines, but definately worth checking out!

Postby Guest » November 2nd, 2006, 1:26 pm

Thanks. The problem is haveing the matches seen. I will be in a school aditorium ( sorry spelling is off). I might use those long fireplace matches near the end. I think is I could do it with small bithday candles then I might be able to use fire. They will burn better. I don't quite know yet

Rick Schulz

Postby Rick Schulz » November 3rd, 2006, 10:03 am

Have you checked with the school administration yet? They may not allow fire acts on school property (due to safety and liability issues).

Mark Collier

Postby Mark Collier » November 3rd, 2006, 12:42 pm

You could either use a set of multiplying candles or you could apply the concept and make a set a multiply matches.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”