streamer to silk..

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

streamer to silk..

Postby Guest » January 21st, 2007, 2:50 pm

In many dove routines i have seen a streamer be produced, bunched up in the hands and when the hands open it has changed to a large silk of the same design..there is a spot in my own routine were this would be great but the methods i have tried using look strange on stage..i was wondering if there was a gimmick or marketed trick that i could use that could change the streamer faster, anyone know of one?

Re: streamer to silk..

Postby Guest » January 22nd, 2007, 3:38 am

Have you had a look through the Rice silk books? There are hundreds of different blendo effects in them to chose from.

Postby Guest » January 23rd, 2007, 5:05 am

How large of a silk are you talking? You could have the silk rolled in the left hand and then the streamer in the right hand displayed. Take the streamer by the edge in your teeth and execute a change over pass to show the hands empty. Then take the streamer and stuff it into the hand behind the silk. Do some gesture and then open the silk while hiding the streamer behind the silk.

Postby Guest » January 23rd, 2007, 8:33 am

Why use your teeth? I have to admit that it cracks me up sometimes. There I am, watching an act that conveys an air of sophistication, and charm.
Suddenly he shoves a bit of cloth into his mouth, like a multi coloured comfort blanket, because he's run out of hands.

Any sane person would put one item down on a table.

:)

Postby Guest » January 23rd, 2007, 6:27 pm

I like the table idea better. I was typing kind of in a time crunch and couldn't think as much as I normally would like.

Postby Guest » January 24th, 2007, 3:35 am

to add a touch, i would drape it over my shoulder, show the hands, then retrieve the silk,loading as i go. this removes the need for a transfer

Postby Guest » February 7th, 2007, 8:03 pm

Trent,

If you attend Winter Carnival in March or Magi-Whirl in April, rattle my cage there. There are plenty of options. Rice is certainly the best start. Ruth (Harold Rice's daughter) will be at Magi-Whirl.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders

Postby Guest » February 11th, 2007, 4:49 pm

Thanks to everyone i just obtained a copy of rices and have been browsing through them..feel stupid for not already having a copy because they are great

Postby Guest » May 25th, 2007, 7:27 am

Trent,

SEAM 2008 is planned to be in Atlanta. Maybe we can connect there on your silk question. Rice was certainly a great strating point.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”