Pat Page Newspaper Tear

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Pat Page Newspaper Tear

Postby Guest » October 11th, 2004, 10:59 am

Does anyone know where I can find this effect? I would rather have it in print form but a video is ok also. I know Pat Page has his video seminar Videos. Is the paper tear he has on those the same as the "10 second Newspaper tear"? I saw this performed years ago and it looked great! I do the Anderson tear, but want something different. Any info is appreciated. I heard it is also in Pat Pages BIG BOOK OF MAGIC...But it is OOP so that is out of the question.

-Rick

Danny Archer

Re: Pat Page Newspaper Tear

Postby Danny Archer » October 11th, 2004, 11:37 am

Originally posted by Rick Castro:
Does anyone know where I can find this effect? I would rather have it in print form but a video is ok also. I know Pat Page has his video seminar Videos. Is the paper tear he has on those the same as the "10 second Newspaper tear"? -Rick
Hi Rick,

I beleive it's on a vieo called Pat Page on Stage ... I think it's the 10 Second Tear ...
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Grant McSorley

Postby Grant McSorley » October 11th, 2004, 2:00 pm

The 10 sec newspaper tear is also on one of his trick-a-tape audio cassettes. They come with photos to supplement the audio and are quite easy to follow. I have no idea where you can pick them up today though...I got mine at an auction a couple years ago.

Grant

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » October 11th, 2004, 2:33 pm

Nope - it's on a tape called Pat Page's Original Magic Routines Close-up Magic (and _not_ on the Paperific video, which I found out the hard way...).

The OMR tape has four routines; the cups and balls, Benson Bowl routine with a tambourine (ask Pete Biro about that one), the paper tear and handling for the dye tube. The tape is Trik a Tape volume 3 and bizarrely my copy has a label on the tape which says Original Card Routines...

Davenports (check the thread on Magic London) used to sell the manuscript as a stand alone - I'd be amazed if they can't dig out a copy. I saw a copy a few years ago and remember that it seemed quite confusing (but it was a quick look, and I already knew the routine).

An aside on how nice Pat is; after realising that it was not on Paperific I saw him at a convention and mentioned that I was surprised it was not on the tape. He said that he had discussed that with Vic, apologised and then took me aside to teach me the routine personally.

Hope this helps,

Take care, Ian

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » October 11th, 2004, 6:00 pm

Ian... yes that is my Tambourine handling that Patrick teaches. I showed it to him Donkey's Years ago when at Great Russell street.
Stay tooned.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » October 11th, 2004, 6:01 pm

OH, Ian... next time you see Mr. Page, ask him to show you his impression of an Eskimo going to the Loo... :D :D :D
Stay tooned.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » October 11th, 2004, 6:03 pm

And... if you can find Alan Shaxon's variation, he improved Page's 10-second just by adding a few more seconds to the prep with some glu-stik.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » October 11th, 2004, 8:20 pm

"Ten Second Newspaper Tear" is indeed in Page's Big Book of Magic. I found my copy in a Bibliofind search for only $15. Try that, and also try H&R Magic Books, a prominent and reliable used magic book dealer. If you are unfamiliar with Bibliofind and H&R Books, you can find them both in a Google search.

Jon

Timothy Hyde

Postby Timothy Hyde » October 12th, 2004, 10:40 pm

Originally posted by Pete Biro:
And... if you can find Alan Shaxon's variation, he improved Page's 10-second just by adding a few more seconds to the prep with some glu-stik.
And if you get Joel Bauer's Torn & Restored Newspaper video he "improved" the Page/ Shaxon method by adding ...
The Secret Notebooks of Mr Hyde - Vol 1 & 2 - http://www.MagicCoach.com

Postby Guest » October 18th, 2004, 2:58 pm

Thank you Everyone! I bought the BIG BOOK of Magic from my Friend John Cannon, who owns Aladdin Books in Fullerton! He has everything!

The only problem is the trick reads a bit funny...Anyone who performs this, I would love to know the best way to open the newspaper. or if you klnow of any video clips of the effect in action!
Any help with this is much apreciated.

Postby Guest » October 25th, 2004, 10:17 am

Does anyone have the Video version of this effect they may want to sell? or lead me in the direction of getting it? I am totally stumped????

Maybe someone has Pat Pages e-mail?

-Rick

P.S. Please HELP!!!!!

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » October 26th, 2004, 12:12 am

I have a PAL copy of the Video I mentioned above that I will sell. Drop me a mail at m@gician.info if you are interested.

Take care, Ian

Postby Guest » October 26th, 2004, 6:47 pm

Trick Rick

get a hold of George Rico again.

you going to the castle swap meet?

Halcon

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”