Roy Horn

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Robert McDaniel

Roy Horn

Postby Robert McDaniel » October 8th, 2003, 6:33 pm

Roy is the "animal lover" of S & R, and his first words after the attack were, "Don't harm the tiger" according to his partner, Siefried (Larry King Show). Apparently, the tiger was trying to protect Roy after he slipped backwards and fell according to his partner.

I respect RK's wishes to leave PETA out of this, but (aside from S&R) magicians do not have a very good track record when it comes to the way we treat animals. We should treat all living things (doves, rabbits, etc.) with respect.

Thanks,
Robert M

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Roy Horn

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 8th, 2003, 7:10 pm

I thought Siefried handled himself, and the interview with Larry King, extremely well. There was very little news about Roy, really, except for the somewhat reluctant acknowledgement that he had suffered a stroke as has already been widely reported in the media.
The news about the CGI cartoon series with Dreamworks, "Father of the Pride," with a start date of September 2004 was news to me. Had anyone else heard about this in advance?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » October 8th, 2003, 7:26 pm

Nosir... I had heard "something" was in the works but no details, name, nuttin' -- I hope this is for real and is well done.

Roy is the magic was the strongest line for me.

And seeing that olde BW footage of Siegfried with the RABBIT... prieceless.

Anecdote about early S&R: Siegfried, being INSIDE the sub trunk never saw what theatrics Roy went through untieing the ropes.

If you ever saw this you know what I mean.

Anyway, finally, Siegfried saw a video and was blown away, saying, to Roy... "You do that?"

:genii:
Stay tooned.

Michael Dustman

Postby Michael Dustman » October 9th, 2003, 5:41 am

The Las Vegas papers had been reporting on the tv show since mid summer. They most recently announced that John Goodman and Carl Reiner would be providing the voices of some of the tigers and that German actors would be providing the voices of S & R.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”