Help in finding a material on self vanish.

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

Help in finding a material on self vanish.

Postby Guest » January 16th, 2007, 6:27 pm

I saw a recent Criss Angel show where he did a vaanish where he stood on a box and lifted a curtain and vanished anyone out there can put me on the right track of what book or the name of the effect that I am talking about. :genii:

Re: Help in finding a material on self vanish.

Postby Guest » January 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm

It seems like you are a beginner in magic, so I would not recommend that you start off by trying to do magic that requires a team of assistants, technical crew, theatrical stage, etc. Start with the simpler vanishing Illusions you find in Tarbell and in Mark Wilson's Magic books, and work your way up to the Criss Angel stuff gradually. By the time you get to it, everyone will have forgotten he ever performed it and you can take over.

Postby Guest » January 17th, 2007, 11:23 am

Spellbinder thanks for the words of encouragement.Your right in that I am a beginner I am 40 yrs old my wife thinks I am crazy but I am a disabled Gulf War Veteran and magic keeps my mind sharp and my joint limber that would otherwise go stiff on me.I loved magic when I was younger but my parents were not supportive as I wished they were.I really like this forum where I can ask you all and your wisdom and get the answers to my questions.Any more books that will help me out would be appreciated.
Thanks

Brian Marks

Postby Brian Marks » January 17th, 2007, 1:31 pm

yeah stay away from technical crews and stuff. Might you try mentalism? packs small plays big and you don't necessarily need the technical support of a crew to pull off.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 17th, 2007, 6:59 pm

You can't beat the classics... Tarbell Course, Greater Magic, Expert Card Technique, Art of Magic. Then on to the hard stuff by Dai Vernon and Slydini.

There's more than enough there for at least a five year study.

Learn a few really well and do them often. Then try to increase your base by adding things like the Cups and Balls -- which give you a sleight of hand base like no other trick.
Stay tooned.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”