UFO Rope-Dr.Sawa

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

UFO Rope-Dr.Sawa

Postby Guest » November 12th, 2002, 12:00 pm

Recently saw this effect on the Stevens Library
Tape on the Magic of Dr.Sawa. It was performed only with no explanation. It is also not in the Sawa book by Kaufman. Years ago, I used to stock
items from Rabbit Magic Ltd who carried many of the Sawa items. I cannot remember if UFO Rope was
ever released for resale or not. Does anyone know
if it is in print or was ever marketed? Maybe it
was to be published in further volumes yet completed.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: UFO Rope-Dr.Sawa

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 12th, 2002, 3:45 pm

To the best of my knowledge, Sawa has never released "UFO Rope." I saw him do quite a bit of stunning rope magic when I was in Japan a few years ago, and have NO idea what he was doing. None. If he had some sort of super magnets imbedded in his ropes every six inches or so it wouldn't surprise me.
When we did the first book, he would only release stuff that was old (by his standard). He refused to give me the material I wanted (his sea-shell tricks) or any of his new rope material.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

John Pezzullo

Postby John Pezzullo » November 13th, 2002, 2:13 am

Richard,

You should have tried getting Dr. Sawa drunk on 'sake' and then having him sign a legally binding contract that would have forced him to release ALL of his stuff!

Regards,

John 'No Morals' Pezzullo

Postby Guest » November 13th, 2002, 7:19 am

Richard:
Thanks for your prompt reply. I agree
with John that you should have had Sawa under the influence to obligate him to the rest of his unique magic.

Thanks,
Woody

John Pezzullo

Postby John Pezzullo » November 13th, 2002, 12:53 pm

Woody,

Welcome to "The Genii Forum". I'm looking forward to reading more of your contributions to the forum.

When are we going to see some of your stuff in print? You must have a large cache of material that's just waiting to reach a wider audience.

Regards,

John

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”