Driebeck Die

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Michael Feldman

Driebeck Die

Postby Michael Feldman » August 2nd, 2007, 9:53 pm

Does anyone know of any that are between teh $4 in and out box and the $145 Driebeck?

Also, can anyone attest as to whether or not it is worth $145?
--
Michael Feldman
www.magicmichael.com

Re: Driebeck Die

Postby Guest » August 3rd, 2007, 5:31 am

Is Bob Driebeck still with us?

Perhaps he or someone who knows him would like to discuss the availability of his version of the gozinta boxes where you produce a box of tea at the end.

I recall this as a Ken Brooke item. Was anyone else given manufacturing rights?

Dick Koornwinder

Postby Dick Koornwinder » August 3rd, 2007, 6:32 am

Next week it is five years ago Bob Driebeek passed away. Yes The Driebeek Die has been a Ken Brooke item. Bob and Ken were close friends and Im almost sure Bob has given Ken the exclusive manufacturing rights and to nobody else. Fred Kaps has performed The Die in a Michael Parkinson show for BBC television in the seventies.
Im a proud owner of The Die and for me it is priceless. The Die is on top of my desk next to Ken Brookes Nemo Rising Cards.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 3rd, 2007, 7:49 am

The effect is really a clever variation of Lubor Fiedler's Gozinta Boxes. The Driebeck piece has colors, spots on the die, etc., that increase the illusion. Like everything else, it's worth the price if you're going to perform it. If you're going to put it on a shelf, it's not worth anything.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » August 3rd, 2007, 10:03 am

Driebeek's version is very commercial and a fooler. You'll find it in the repertoire's of many top pro's. It's one of those great effects that is angle proof and a fooler.

The ONLY authorized seller in the USA is Stevens Magic. He's the exclusive dealer for Ken Brooke's magic.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » August 3rd, 2007, 7:18 pm

Ken Brooke's instructions and Sid Lorraine's after service sheets complete with his great illustrations are worth the $145.00. It is a great performance piece. On the shelf it's a handsome red die.

Michael Feldman

Postby Michael Feldman » August 3rd, 2007, 7:28 pm

I saw Kalin and Jinger perform it. It's a great patterline and presentation. This is really what convinced me that it is a great effect as well as a fooler.

Just wanted to make sure this one is really worth it.

Thanks for the advice.
--

Michael Feldman

www.magicmichael.com

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”