Eat Your Hearts Out!!!

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Pete Biro

Eat Your Hearts Out!!!

Postby Pete Biro » November 24th, 2003, 3:35 pm

I just saw a video clip with Galli Galli doing the cups and balls with baby chicks, the coins across winding up with chicks loaded into the coats and PANTS LEG of two spectators.

If that wasn't enough... ADE DUVAL doing a fabulous multiplying billiard ball routine and SMOKING HIS THUMB.

Very different from that we have all seen done by Fred Kaps.

A real fooler too.
Stay tooned.

Bob L

Re: Eat Your Hearts Out!!!

Postby Bob L » November 24th, 2003, 9:41 pm

OK, Pete, don't be such a chick tease. WHERE did you see this Galli Galli video?

:D

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » November 24th, 2003, 10:14 pm

John Moehring had this tape at one point. He showed it at a MAgic Collector's event in Texas.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » November 25th, 2003, 9:18 am

A friend "loaned" his DVD to me, and sadly I cannot copy it, burt I did get to watch it a number of times.

There must be copies floating around. I think it was part of an Ed Sullivan show and I do know that some Sullivan show tapes are for sale. Perhaps some searching?

Technically Galli Galli was weak, but his brash, direct style, coupled with his wardrobe and "foreign" way made it really work.

He used corks instead of balls, cut short, so they wouldn't roll away.

His false transfer was crude, but hey, it got the money!
Stay tooned.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » November 25th, 2003, 9:25 am

Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » December 4th, 2003, 4:33 am

When I was in college I worked for a friend at his magic shop on weekends.

Once when I was working he showed me a video or videos that had Lois Zingone performing a card sharp exposure in an old short subject film,Galli-Galli performing the cups and balls with baby chicks, Harlan Tarbell doing his blindfold act (straight out of his course and a fooler), the Banana man (Any Captain Kangaroo fans will recognize this name), and many other performers.

When I asked where the tape came from my friend told me John Moehring had made it for him.

Unfortunately I
didn't get a copy.

College was my focus at the time.

But I have seen the error of my ways now ;) .

Pete
(the not Biro one)

Postby Guest » December 5th, 2003, 6:17 am

The Galli Galli Cups'n'Balls with the baby chicks was shown in a series of three Penn & Teller TV programmes, broadcast in the UK about a year ago.

Dave

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » December 5th, 2003, 5:46 pm

Originally posted by Dave Le Fevre:
The Galli Galli Cups'n'Balls with the baby chicks was shown in a series of three Penn & Teller TV programmes, broadcast in the UK about a year ago.
The shows were rebroadcast in Canada (and viewable here in the states) as "Witness". My Tivo caught them due to a Penn & Teller keyword wishlist.

Postby Guest » May 26th, 2005, 11:56 pm

On the subject of television appearances, those of us on the coasts have a wonderful resource in the Museum of Television and Radio History. Not everything is to be found 1-2-3, and you can't really get copies, but you can sit and watch and rewind and watch again ad infinitum ad naseum ad astra per aspera atta boy and add whatever else you'd like.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”