tilford chair suspension

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

tilford chair suspension

Postby Guest » July 31st, 2007, 3:13 pm

I am currently considering purchasing the Tilford Chair Suspension and I wonder if anyone out there has used one and what they think of it.

Please tell me the good and the bad. (I can take it)

Thank you all
Paul Q.

Re: tilford chair suspension

Postby Guest » August 18th, 2007, 12:26 pm

I am concerned about the weight discrepancy in the ad and video. Sometimes the only way you can achieve the advertised weight, that is offered in low price sets, is to have a large part of the upper torso hanging off the "head chair". Ruins the illusion unless you are only going to use short, light kids.

Call Tilford and ask if it is made by Makmagic. It looks like it. Despite what the ads may say Makmagic instructions advise you that it's max weight is only 90 pounds.

I love the "European Chair Suspension" set sold by Hocus Pocus. It really does hold a full sized adult (as shown in the ad) without hanging large part of their body over the "head chair"! They are available in limited qualities so don't wait. It's worth the extra money!

You can usually tell the quality by the chair material and the total weight of the set. The heavier the chair the more it supports. Also, an all steel chair will hold more than a steel backed chair with plastic legs.

Hopes this helps.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”