HEADLESS ILLUSION?

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.

HEADLESS ILLUSION?

Postby Guest » October 25th, 2005, 5:15 pm

I am a student and my high school theater class is doing a production pretty soon. in the show, one of the charaters is suppost to walk across the stage and pulls his head off and holds it under his arm pit, while he is still talking and looking around. Is there any way this illusion can be accomplished for our show. any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Willie.

Re: HEADLESS ILLUSION?

Postby Guest » October 25th, 2005, 5:27 pm

I don't know about holding it under your arm, but there was a crazy video on the web recently of a guy named Cedric taking his head off - looked great! Anyone have the link?

Best, PSC

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 25th, 2005, 5:33 pm

Not Cedric, but a Japanese magician named Cyril.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » October 25th, 2005, 6:38 pm

i found the video and watched it and its awsome, thats exactly what I wouldlike to find out how to do. if anyone could tell me how i can purchase this illusion where you can pull of your head i would greatly appreciate it a lot.

Postby Guest » October 25th, 2005, 6:39 pm

I think www.ebaumsworlds.com has a clip of that... under "funny videos"

Postby Guest » October 25th, 2005, 6:43 pm

Actually, Japanese magician, Cyril Takayama did it on "T.H.E.M" (which aired over a year ago)

Joe Monti, American comedy magician, did it on "30 Seconds to Fame" (over a year ago)

and I have seen the internet footage of a female asian doing it... don't know who she is though.

I don't know the origin... probably vaudeville... I don't think it's on the market. But I could be wrong...

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » October 25th, 2005, 8:00 pm

Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Postby Guest » November 19th, 2005, 1:33 pm

I cant find the illusion on www.zebulonmagic.com, does anyone know of anywhere i could buy this illusion because i need it really quickly, thanks.

Postby Guest » November 19th, 2005, 3:10 pm

Would think this kind of illusion will take to master. I have understood that the magic segment in Lido de Paris is consisting this illusion.

You could use black art, especially if modifying the play a little bit.

Postby Guest » July 8th, 2006, 1:47 pm

Originally posted by wdowns873:
does anyone know of anywhere i could buy this illusion
Probably it's too late, but maybe this link will be useful to someone else...
http://www.pubtricks.com/index.php?tric ... -trick.wmv

Postby Guest » July 8th, 2006, 5:04 pm

Is it just me or is this PubTricks site just a few mediocre amateur "magicians" trying to make a buck off of either easy to find standard moves (i.e, The French Drop) or blatantly ripped off material. (i.e., The Coin Matrix)

As a proud mediocre amateur, I'm offended by the chutzpah of these guys selling things to which they don't have the rights while performing them so badly to boot.

Sorry for the rant but this kind of crap just pisses me off.

John M. Dale

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » July 8th, 2006, 8:34 pm

Yah, this is one dopey web site... and seems to be aimed at the rank amateur.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » July 9th, 2006, 1:08 am

Originally posted by John M. Dale:
Is it just me or is this PubTricks site just a few mediocre amateur "magicians" trying to make a buck off of either easy to find standard moves (i.e, The French Drop) or blatantly ripped off material. (i.e., The Coin Matrix)
You're right, but 'Willie' (so and I) couldn't find this illusion on "proper" sites ;)

Rafael

Postby Rafael » July 12th, 2006, 5:48 pm

That's because a authorized version of this illusion is not for sale !

Postby Guest » July 13th, 2006, 6:15 am

Originally posted by wdowns873:
I am a student and my high school theater class is doing a production pretty soon. in the show, one of the charaters is suppost to walk across the stage and pulls his head off and holds it under his arm pit, while he is still talking and looking around. Is there any way this illusion can be accomplished for our show. any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Willie.
Andrew Mayne has a similar illusion he sells, called Face Lifter. Be sure to scroll down, to view the description, here: Andrew Mayne
Also, you can see a bloke performing the illusion in this photo.
Face Lifter

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”