Jumbo T&R card

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Grant McSorley

Jumbo T&R card

Postby Grant McSorley » February 13th, 2003, 2:26 pm

Hi everybody,
Does anyone know of a T&R card routine using a jumbo card? Does anyone currently do this?
Thanks,
Grant

Re: Jumbo T&R card

Postby Guest » February 13th, 2003, 2:55 pm

I believe that J.C. Wagner performs his torn and restored card effect with a jumbo card on one of his two A-1 videos. I seem to recall that the effect with the jumbo card is a "performance only" segment, and that he teaches his torn and restored routine with a regular size card on his other video. However, it seems that, due to the size of the cards, you'd pretty much have to be behind a bar or something in order to perform the version with the jumbo cards (perhaps behind a table with a servante?). His torn and restored card ISN'T the full piece by piece restoration like the routines with the regular size cards that are circulating nowadays, however.

As a side note, Eugene Burger has a really nice performance only segment of his version of card warp using jumbo cards on one of his recent L&L videos. Good Luck!

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » February 13th, 2003, 2:57 pm

Commercial Magic of J.C. Wagner" has a handling of his great t & r card for jumbo cards.

Grant McSorley

Postby Grant McSorley » February 13th, 2003, 3:32 pm

Thanks for the help guys
Is it possible to do JC's version on stage, or would I need a bar or something in front of me?
Grant

Postby Guest » February 13th, 2003, 6:00 pm

Yes, The book "Commercial Magic of J.C. Wagner" has the Jumbo torn and restored card..and I've done it as simply as with a regular card (no table or bar needed). However, there are various sizes of "jumbo" cards...

Harry Anderson has a version called the "Worlds Greatest Jumbo Torn & Restored Card" in his book "Wise Guy."

And I don't see why some of the ideas used in Williamson's version (Torn & Restored Transposition) couldn't be applied to jumbo cards.

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”