Multiplying Bottles

Discuss your favorite platform magic and illusions.
Damian Odess-Gillett

Multiplying Bottles

Postby Damian Odess-Gillett » February 13th, 2008, 8:38 pm

Hi All,

I'm interested in performing the multiplying bottles routine. I see sets that run about $100, and sets that run about $400-$500--and nothing in between. Can anyone tell me why there is such a big price jump? Is there any reason why I shouldn't get the cheaper version?

Also, the Jack Hughes "Leg Table," is an hilarious addition. Is it, or anything comparable, available anywhere?

Mark Phillips
Favorite Magician: Mac King

Re: Multiplying Bottles

Postby Mark Phillips » March 8th, 2008, 8:24 am

The decision you must make is, do I want the bottles to actually look like bottles, or is it ok if they are simply odd shaped, obviously nesting tubes which I will call bottles? Denny Haney at Denny & Lee's Magic Studio is an expert with this effect and carries top quality sets of multiplying bottles. I would recommend buying a set from him, and while you are on the phone ask him about books in print that have blueprints for the table. I believe one source is Tom Palmer's Comedy Act, but don't know if it is still in print.

Good luck.
Go practice.

Mitch Dutton

Postby Mitch Dutton » March 8th, 2008, 9:10 pm

I have a brand new Comedy Legs Table I will sell. Never used, just unpacked for inspection. Excellent craftsmanship, will last forever. Drop me a line if you're interested!

Damian Odess-Gillett

Postby Damian Odess-Gillett » March 11th, 2008, 10:43 pm

Thanks, Mark, that's just what i wanted to know (on both counts!).

Return to “Platform & Stage Magic”