Transfer Type

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Transfer Type

Postby Guest » November 27th, 2001, 9:13 am

I recall that there was previously a discussion about finding transfer type, however, I cannot locate the discussion in this forum. I have searched the internet and cannot find a source. Does anyone know where to find Decadry, Letraset or Alfac transfer type?

I am under the impression that Letraset is no longer being made. Decadry is made in Europe, but I cannot find a supplier on the internet or otherwise.

Thank you for your anticipated help.

Carl. :rolleyes:

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Transfer Type

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 27th, 2001, 5:08 pm

Carl,
You have no idea how much Letraset I used to go through in doing a book: every single letter in the heading to each trick was placed by hand off a Letraset sheet. I'm so glad everything is now computerized. :)
Try calling "Charrette" in New York City. It's a big art supply store (though it may be gone by now). Pearl Art Supply also carries it.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Steve Cohen

Postby Steve Cohen » November 27th, 2001, 7:06 pm

I have purchased sheets of transfer lettering from Lee's Art Supply in New York City. They are located on West 57th Street. Hope this helps.

Postby Guest » November 27th, 2001, 8:40 pm

Richard - When I was in college (over 30 years ago) I had a printing and advertising business. I did most of my layouts one letter at a time using letraset - so I konw what you mean about the convenience of computers. My thanks to Steve and you for the information. Searching the names of the stores on the internet finally led me to www.letraset.com in England where I found a list of all the dealers in the USA, including the LA area.

Carl :) :p

Geno Munari

Postby Geno Munari » November 28th, 2001, 3:50 am

Houdini's does sell Decadry Transfer sheets. Decadry is the same as Alfac, and superior to any transfer sheets I have seen in the US. However the style sheet sold does not have letters only numerals. Email me and I will quote you a price.
Geno Munari

Return to “Close-Up Magic”