Which Egg Bag?

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
cataquet

Which Egg Bag?

Postby cataquet » July 14th, 2003, 1:43 pm

OK, the house favorite seems to bee the Malini Egg Bag. However, I remember bumping into Geoffrey Durham one evening and he told me had always used the Malini bag, but was going to switch over to the Tarbel bag. My limited experience is that you start with one egg bag and never really look at another. For example, you like the Charlie Miller routine, so you get a Malini bag.

Anyone care to list the pros and cons of the various bags? I'd be most interested to hear from those who have worked with a number of different types of bag.

Bye for now

Harold

Pete Biro

Re: Which Egg Bag?

Postby Pete Biro » July 14th, 2003, 2:47 pm

By the inexpensive Video from Stevens Magic on the Egg Bag. You will see both routines (and more) then decide.

The Tarbell style (Martini Lewis sells the current good one--altho many dealers carry them) is probably better for kid shows, and I particularly like the Senor Mardo routine.

The Malini bag is better for close up/parlour and for adults.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » July 14th, 2003, 5:17 pm

I just purchased a Velvet Zippered Egg Bag from
Wonder Wizards .com and I'm real pleased with it.
I've always wanted to do "Malini's" egg bag routine and the zipper allows you to "open" the bag and show it really empty. I recomend "Malini and his magic" by Dia Vernon. It has the workings for his full evening show including his egg bag routine. http://www.wonderwizrds.com

cataquet

Postby cataquet » July 15th, 2003, 3:25 am

Thanks for the comeback. As a matter of fact, I just bought the Novak Egg Bag book, and the Stevens Egg Bag video.

My problem with the Malini bag is that I seem to remember that you have to use a light/blown egg. With other bags, the weight of the egg is not a problem.

Bye for now

Harold

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » July 15th, 2003, 9:53 am

You don't have to blow eggs... Stevens sells a "real egg" - I think it is blown, but treated for strength.

Also... this is a bit weird in print, but I had to do this because it was the only egg I could find in a hurry...

Use an egg from the silk to egg trick. The one with a large hole in the side. There are really good strong ones.

You show the egg and tell the audience, "I cut a hole in the egg and removed the innards--which made a nice breakfast--so that if it broke during the trick it wouldn't mess up your clothes." (or some wording similar to fit situation).

I then rolled the bag up and it changed to an egg (gee!) then broke the egg to show it was a real egg.
Stay tooned.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”