Coin Wallet

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Coin Wallet

Postby Guest » March 19th, 2005, 7:17 am

Years ago I purchased a coin wallet that held all of my gaffed coins. It was great, and I've never seen anything like it in the market place since. I now have the ability to have a similiar design produced in large quantities. I have already started the process and have received samples. The wallet holds 12 half dollar sized coins. The quality of the leather and construction is top notch. It really is a very nice wallet. This is my question to all who read this; is there a market for this wallet? I am NOT taking orders...YET. But, I would appreciate some feedback, not on the design, but on whether or not you would buy one. The wallet will sell for around $25.95, I say "around" because it could change slightly, but I don't expect it to. This is a very large up front investment on my part, so I really would like some honest feedback on the viability of this product.
I have uploaded some detailed photographs of the sample. You can view them at:

http://members.aol.com/sky67/coin_wallet/

I would appreciate all emails to be sent to: kidwell2401@comcast.net

Thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks for any response.

Steven Kidwell

Re: Coin Wallet

Postby Guest » March 19th, 2005, 7:21 am

I should point out the intended use of this wallet. This is NOT something that a spectator should see. My thinking is that it is a convenient wallet to carry and store most of your coin gaffs. Your working repertoire would be ready to go in your pocket, or in your coin purse. If a situation arises, like someone ordering a bottle of wine, and you wish you had brought your "Coin in a bottle", discreetly retrieve it from your wallet.

Brian Marks

Postby Brian Marks » March 19th, 2005, 7:55 pm

I would buy one. I carry some halves around in a small coin purse just so I can grab them quickly for tricks.

Dont know your design but would love a purse that holds the coins but would allow me to get the coins out without removing it from my pocket.

BlueEyed Videot
Favorite Magician: Max Maven, Ray Anderson

Postby BlueEyed Videot » March 19th, 2005, 8:07 pm

You might want to check out Roy Kueppers' "Kueppers keepers" from the frosty north:

Kueppers\' Keepers

Note the ability to carry coins up to the size of an Eisenhower Dollar.

Postby Guest » March 19th, 2005, 9:42 pm

Based on some feedback I am looking at a modification to allow for 2 silver dollar pockets. The wallet would have 9 half dollar size pockets and two silver dollar size pockets. Because of the flexibility of the leather, you can easily put two dollars per pocket.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”