signed cards

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

signed cards

Postby Guest » March 24th, 2002, 7:53 am

Hello friends!
I have been performing close up card magic for about 2 years now and consider myself to be new to the art. I want to start working with effets were the spectator signs the card. But this seems so wasteful, to throw out that signed card or two or four and have to buy a new deck pretty much every three days. Does anybody have any "recycling" tips or ways to keep the deck full after they sign it? thanx! Joseph Nicholas

Frank Yuen

Re: signed cards

Postby Frank Yuen » March 24th, 2002, 8:53 am

I don't really worry about it but here's an idea, just load a new card onto your working deck and force it whenever you need a card signed. That will give you 52 performances before you have to get a new deck or you could probably use up the spare cards you have laying around.

Frank Yuen

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » March 24th, 2002, 9:47 am

Take several cards out of the deck and put FAKE SIGNATURES on them, like "Julia Roberts"
"Albert Einstein" (<<-- I've been doing magic for a long time), "Pamela Anderson" "Mel Gibson" etc etc... and whenever you come to one do a line about meeting them, or how they reacted, just one fast one line comment...

This could be a fun running gag...

:D :D
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » March 24th, 2002, 2:25 pm

That's a great idea. Is it yours? I love it!

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » March 24th, 2002, 3:56 pm

Yah, just thought it up when reading the opening post... if nothing else, I'm fast.
hahaha

Actually after I thought about it (going to the market) I realized the potential of the idea and will do it and add it to my lecture. :D
Stay tooned.

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » March 24th, 2002, 11:20 pm

Pete Biro:

Terry LaGerould has a card in wallet called "Celebrity Autographs" that uses your premise. You're fast, but I think you're still a little late on this one.

The other white Pete

P.S. I got my Genii. Nyahh, nyahh!

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » March 25th, 2002, 3:17 pm

I been rubbin' the bottles here but no GENII... what's GENII ???

You know I have a "creative memory" ! :D :( :)
Stay tooned.

walkinoats

Postby walkinoats » March 26th, 2002, 6:20 am

Definitely don't throw the cards away. Give them to the spectator as a souvenir

Buy a one-way deck and keep forcing and replacing the same card.

Order your cards by the case, that way you'll save money.

Postby Guest » March 26th, 2002, 2:26 pm

I tend to get lots of spare cards lying around, heck, there is currently an 8 of spades in my car (on its own) and I just havn't bothered to pick it up yet. Since I only use Bike and Bee decks, I just stick em ontop of the deck and force it.

Also, after conventions I end up with a lot. Reason: I carry a dck around with me, and when I meet a lecturer or other famous magician I'll ask them to autograph a card. At blackpool I got 12 cards autographed. The remaining 40 are now in my signing pile.

Mike Powers
Favorite Magician: Gary Kurtz, Dave Williamson, Dani DaOrtiz, Juan Tamariz

Postby Mike Powers » March 26th, 2002, 4:32 pm

You could print stickers with your name and phone number and stick them onto the signed card. Now give it to the spec as a souvenir. Make sure they look classy!

Mike

Return to “Close-Up Magic”