The Name of the effect

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Brad A._dup1

The Name of the effect

Postby Brad A._dup1 » August 12th, 2001, 7:13 pm

Last week a fellow showed me a packet card trick.... it had four aces (I think!) the backs ended up changing... and at the end all the cards have different backs.

The fellow said it was something from Jim Swain. Does anyone know what this is called?
-Brad
Former Vonnegut Character

Gary Freed

Re: The Name of the effect

Postby Gary Freed » August 12th, 2001, 7:38 pm

Sounds a lot like Capitulating Queens....from his book "Don't Blink"..........Great trick!

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » August 13th, 2001, 12:14 pm

There are a number of variarions of this effect. Many begin with a twisting aces type effect then the backs change color (i.e from red to blue) then again to all different backs. I remeber years ago the effect "Cascade" which I believe was created by Roy Walton had this effect. I also believe Howard Schwartzman sold a version. Recent incarnations include "Outback" available through trickshop.com and the effect "Mirror, Mirror" (where the final change is to all mirror backs) avilable through many dealers. Ton Onasaka also had a version at Abbott's Get-Together this year that he was selling.

Postby Guest » August 14th, 2001, 7:08 am

Bruce Cervon's 'Dirty Deal' is another excellent example as I said in an earlier post.Great effect IMO.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”