Brick and Morter Magic Shop

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
George Olson

Brick and Morter Magic Shop

Postby George Olson » September 23rd, 2005, 10:15 am

Yesterday, I met one of the nicest guys in magic that I've met in a long time.

For my Birthday, my wife and I drove to Seaside on the Oregon Coast. I had heard that somebody from Las Vegas had opened a Magic Shop there. When I found it, it was an "old time" shop with a little stage, lots of high end books and equipment. Stuart J. Beck, the proprietor, an enthusiastic and congenial host. As an aside, when I found the shop (in the Carousel Mall) I went to get my wife, and blurted out "...it's a real magic store.." :) Business has been good and his plans are really exciting...

Believe it or not, I even spent a little money there. If you're ever out this way, it makes an excursion to the Oregon coast doubly memorable.

GO

Re: Brick and Morter Magic Shop

Postby Guest » September 23rd, 2005, 10:27 am

it is always nice to hear that there are still a FEW actual stores...with nice people

Postby Guest » September 23rd, 2005, 12:03 pm

Two great magic shops are Grand Illusions in Carmichael, Ca (outside of Sacramento) and The Trick Shop in Temecula, Ca. Great owners and they support the art in their communities.
Steve V

Fredrick
Favorite Magician: Eugene Burger

Postby Fredrick » September 23rd, 2005, 12:19 pm

A few years ago I had the opportunity to visit Williams Magic in Tucson, Az. Great shop and great people running it.

Be well ~ Fredrick
"Try to find the humanity in the magic..." ~ Michael Moschen
The Jinx Companion

Tabman

Postby Tabman » September 23rd, 2005, 1:33 pm

Happy Birthday George!!! Thanks for the tale about the magic shop.

I'd like to have a map of them around the USA so if I ever get that old converted bus going, I could visit some of em.

-=tabman

George Olson

Postby George Olson » September 23rd, 2005, 3:39 pm

I hear Ken Kasey's bus is available! Ran into him one day a few years ago at Chuck Leech's shop when it was in Eugene (where Kesey lived) he was interested in Magic.

GO

Return to “General”