"Fashion" Bicycle Cards at Target

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

"Fashion" Bicycle Cards at Target

Postby Guest » February 5th, 2005, 6:16 pm

For all of you card fanatics that collect unusual packs, I bought a pack of the new Bicycle "fashion" cards at a Target store in Minnesota this week. The only color that they had in stock was light blue. I'm told that there are also pink and possibly green cards. The cards are different from what I expected. The face is a powder blue color with white pips for all suits. The back has a white border, then a powder blue inner border and then the back itself is sort of a washed out version of the powder blue, as Harry Lorayne would say, "hard to describe"! Anyway, they handle great and at $2.99 a pack, they're cheap enough. By the way, the Bicycle design is the standard Rider Back.

Re: "Fashion" Bicycle Cards at Target

Postby Guest » February 6th, 2005, 4:42 am

Wow - sounds great for some unique colour change routines.
We limey's over the pond would love to have them.
Is there a link to the store/ mail order address, please?
Would love a pink, light blue and green!
Darren

Postby Guest » February 7th, 2005, 9:31 am

Try target.com

MP

Postby Guest » February 7th, 2005, 5:48 pm

My wife works at Target, she picked me up 2 Blue and 2 Pink. I am out of town, so have not seen them yet.

Scott

Postby Guest » February 8th, 2005, 8:56 am

Tried that site - the new cards are not registering on their inventory, sadly.
Would any kind brother or sister buy a few packs, and allow me to 'paypal' them at all, please?
Here's hoping!
Darren

Postby Guest » February 9th, 2005, 3:57 pm

Darren, if I can find them here in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles I'll send them to you for free. Tell us on the forum what you want. I'm sure if I can't get them someone else would be glad to contribute.

Sam

Postby Guest » February 9th, 2005, 8:28 pm

I picked up a pack yesterday and have had awhile to play with them.

They "seem" thinner than regular Bikes and they are certainly of better quality that the ones we get here in the Northwest. The back design is in register and so are the faces...

Sadly, because they follow the same stupid design as the "Black Tiger" cards (solid color faces) reversed cards are instantly visible.

If only they'd do some of these with regular faces I'd buy a case. I'd be glad to pay the fifty cents more than a regular pack to get good quality cards.

While I was at Target I noticed they also have "Texas Hold 'Em For Dummies" and "Seven Card Stud For Dummies" cards. It's not obvious what they look like and I didn't feel like shelling out for the enclosed booklet so I haven't seen them.

Anyone open up either of the Dummies packs yet?

Postby Guest » February 10th, 2005, 10:39 am

Be curious to see who answers that question first!!

Postby Guest » February 10th, 2005, 8:50 pm

i bought my first deck of "fashion" cards about a year ago at target and at that time they were the only store i found them at. lately i have seen them at some walmarts.

Postby Guest » February 17th, 2005, 8:54 pm

What department of the store are they in?

Joe McIntyre

Postby Joe McIntyre » February 18th, 2005, 5:54 am

Bill, look in the toy dept.

Postby Guest » February 18th, 2005, 11:37 am

Nobody has opened a pack of the For Dummies cards yet?

Darn. Seems like there would be much greater possiblities there than with these lame "Fasion" cards.

Postby Guest » March 2nd, 2005, 11:43 am

I bought a pack of the light blue cards. They faroed perfectly, right out of the box. The borders were more even than other recent Bikes I have bought. The edges were very smooth, as if they had been cut with a just-sharpened die (this is not always the case with Bicycles).

If you search for fashion cards on ebay, there are other designs besides the light blue and pink back/fronts. There are designs that look more like a vintage bridge deck (generic stripes, flowers, waves, circles. The fronts are of a standard color design, except that the big spade on the Ace of Spades is filled with a black and white checkerboard.

Daniel Trombetto

Postby Daniel Trombetto » March 3rd, 2005, 10:20 am

Originally posted by Bill Duncan:
Nobody has opened a pack of the For Dummies cards yet?

Darn. Seems like there would be much greater possiblities there than with these lame "Fasion" cards.
I opened a pack of Texas Hold Em For Dummies. I don't see the cards as having much magical use. They have betting suggestions written across the face of each card, and are more of an instructional deck of cards.
"Give me a stock clerk with a goal, and I will show you a man who will make history. Show me a man with no goal, and I will give you a stock clerk."
-J.C. Penney

Return to “Close-Up Magic”