Torn and Restored Card

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Torn and Restored Card

Postby Guest » January 24th, 2002, 10:47 pm

I have invented a very cool torn and restored card trick and I hoping that my idea is original. The conditions are:

a) completely impromptu
b) uses on a pen (for signing) and 52 cards.

c) the spectator names a card, that card is taken out and has the corner torn off. The corner is handed to the spectator who signs it.

d) The corner is held up and shown to match the torn card.

c) The deck is handed to the spectator and the card is torn up.

d) At no time does the card leave the spectator's sight. They see their corner match and then the card is torn up.

e) The pieces of card disappear and reform in the centre of the deck. The missing corner still matches.

Can anyone think of any effects that match this description? I know it is vague but I am sure there is someone out there who might know where a similar effect exisits.

I would like to perform it a close up comp as an original effect and I don't want to get in trouble for pitching ideas.

Cheers

P.S. sorry if I am posting too much. I am kind of new and love being up to stick ideas up for the world to see and hate.

Re: Torn and Restored Card

Postby Guest » January 24th, 2002, 10:53 pm

If I'm not mistaken, that sounds very similar to Tom Mullica's version. Anybody else?
Rick

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » January 25th, 2002, 6:31 am

Tom Mullica's version is actually "Signatear" a New Stars of Magic Manuscript by Karell Fox.

Postby Guest » January 25th, 2002, 2:56 pm

From memory, this is different from TomMullica's.

The card is face up when it is torn and the corner is shown to match right before you tear it. You never switch the corners either.

Mullica's version involves using an indifferent card face down doesn't it?

Return to “Close-Up Magic”