"Shattered" by Wolf's magic

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

"Shattered" by Wolf's magic

Postby Guest » May 15th, 2003, 8:53 pm

Hey Folks,
We at Wolf's Magic are happy to release our first Close-Up effect! It is a Paddle Trick that finally makes sense and SHATTERS the competition. I created this effect over 14 years ago and felt it was time to share it with the magic community.
This is a 4 Phase routine. The Plot/Effect is the Cracking and Restoration of a small MIRROR which for a finale is Visibly SHATTERED into many pieces! I know your thinking, "Why didn't anybody think of that already?!" This is a LOGICAL prop and routine that makes sense. The mirror is described as your trusty little quick check mirror you use before every performance and you continue on with explaining how you like to Challenge Superstition by Cracking the Mirror and on goes the plot.
The trick and all parts are individually HAND-MADE by myself and partner Shelley ( she hand sews the neat little velvet bags which come with the effect. This is a LOT of Bang for your Buck and I am not revealing the entire effect. You may find short AVI ( video) files on my website showing several moves from the routine NOT the routine itself.
Rather than go on rambling my opinion, I felt it best to let the people who were so kind to participate in my Beta-Test tell you what they thought. The instructions will include excellent ideas and input from the Beta-Testers as well as credit for their ideas.
Thank you ALL Beta-Testers for helping me create a killer effect!
Click on "What's New" and you will find the link to 'SHATTERED"
Thank you,
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic
http://www.wolfsmagic.com/

Re: "Shattered" by Wolf's magic

Postby Guest » May 15th, 2003, 10:44 pm

The reviews on this first close-up effect from Chance has been overwhelmingly positive! Just head on over to the Magic Cafe and read them yourself. I usually limit my purchases to the finest in magic and people who know my collecting taste can attest to it. Well, I didn't waste any time in placing my order and I am anxiously waiting to get my hands on this item. My own review to follow.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » May 27th, 2003, 6:31 pm

Chance... nice meeting you. Great stuff. keep up the good work...
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » May 27th, 2003, 10:13 pm

Pete,
It was an absolute pleasure to meet you as well. Your advice and input is well taken ( thanks for the confirmation on the old Chinese Sticks) Your performance had me in stitches with the humor as well as inventiveness of those silly clever gimmicks. I had a great time and we can all thank Stan Kramien for putting on such a wonderful weekend :)
I look forward to seeing you again,
Chance Wolf

Postby Guest » May 28th, 2003, 11:38 am

I received Shattered in the mail yesterday. The first impression was all smiles :D . The effect comes to you in a nicely attractive package inside a zip-lock plastic bag. The instructions are well written with color illustrations. The "paddles" come in beautiful velvet bags with the Wolf-Magic "W" trademark embroidered on the bottom half of the bags. There are no drawstrings but none really needed. I can see now the reason for the tremendous response from the beta-testers over these storage bags; great job, Shelley!

You get the "gimmicked" paddle, one "regular" paddle, and the "broken paddle" pieces, which by the way, are very nice and definitely not rough broken pieces. These pieces are stored in a small zip-lock bag. The "paddles" are really bars made of a thicker mirrored plexiglas glued together and sides roughened for a frost-like finish. If you expected something "fancy", it is not, but overall it is very appealing and the workmanship is top-notch. One does have to be careful in cleaning the paddles to prevent scratching them; Chance includes a few words of advice on this matter. Black stripping is included for those who wish to add it to the frosted sides but I like it as it is. The routine is truly revolutionary for the old paddle trick. This has great entertaining potential and for the price, it's a real bargain! One thought came to me when I saw the pieces of this effect and that was if Tenyo were to start a high-end premium line of their magic, this would fit in nicely. I will definitely look forward to Chance's future releases.

Postby Guest » May 28th, 2003, 11:31 pm

George,
Thank you so much for the great and very honest review. Your support as well as everybody else who purchased "Shattered" has made a difference.
Thanks again,
Chance Wolf

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » May 29th, 2003, 10:04 am

If you like colorful and interesting props... send cash immediately to Wolf... and get his card routine with a Jumbo deck and three balloons on a big want... the best prop of its kind i have ever seen! :cool:
Stay tooned.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » May 29th, 2003, 10:05 am

OOOOOOOOOps....... "big WAND" tsk tsk :help:
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » May 29th, 2003, 1:29 pm

Pete,
Thanks again for the support of my product! I must admit, the Jumbo Balloon Wand kicks butt! Each run SELLS-OUT as fast as we make them without a SINGLE complaint or problem regarding mechanics and design. As a matter of fact, our entire product line has maintained that level of satisfaction. I must be doing something right :)
We are working on the second batch of "Shattered". We have sold almost the entire first run and getting orders every day. We plan to stay in stock and have been able to ship them SAME DAY of order.
We have so much more to come this year. We thank everybody for the incredible support!
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic

Postby Guest » June 12th, 2003, 2:01 am

Hi Chance;

Hey, did you ever get the last few notes I sent?

Drop me a line.

Geoffrey

Postby Guest » November 28th, 2003, 10:08 pm

Hi Chance,

Sorry I never got back to you since I ordered shattered x 2. It is a great and extremely visual close-up effect.

Here is something that could never happen twice. I was showing it off at the Castle and when I initially shattered the mirror, simultaneously the bartender dropped a glass behind the bar accidentally breaking it and giving a great shattered glass sound effect.

Everybody errupted into laughter and agreed that timing could never be repeated. Thanks for a great effect, Chance!

www.JeffEzellMAGIC.com

Return to “Close-Up Magic”