Business Cards

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Business Cards

Postby Guest » February 19th, 2002, 2:29 pm

I would like to make some cards with business cards on the back. Does anyone know a good way of doing this? I was thinking a rubber stamp.

What's everyone's favourite business card routine?

Re: Business Cards

Postby Guest » February 19th, 2002, 4:02 pm

Here is a company that will make them for you,if you want to go with custom playing cards. www.kardwell.com

[ February 21, 2002: Message edited by: Tony Chapparo ]

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » February 19th, 2002, 6:29 pm

Daryl's "The Multi-Colored Pen" from the NY Magic Symposium Collection Five. It's funny and very mysterious and requires the skills of a person who no longer breathes.

Bill Simon's "Business Card Prophesy" 'cause it's just plain fun to do...

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » February 20th, 2002, 4:08 pm

I've seen some good work from Gibson Magic Cards.
http://www.gibsonmagiccards.com/

They silk screen onto the face of a blank playing card any design you want. Cost scales with # of cards wanted and number of colors required.

Bill Mullins

Postby Guest » March 9th, 2002, 5:14 pm

My favourite business card effect involves using the Stockholder Wallet and a routine devised by Roy Johnson called Flash Square.The spectator is asked to write any number between 20 and 100 on the back of your business card and you then draw a grid of 4 x 4 squares. i.e. 16 squares. Whilst he counts to 5 (seconds) you are seen to write furiously on the card which is then revealed to have all 16 squares filled by numbers! When the rows and columns are added up they are all found to equal the number the spectator first wrote! Not only that but so do the 4 corners,the 4 diagonals and the 4 centre numbers. You then give your card to the spectator which he will treasure for ever and show everyone he meets.

Postby Guest » March 10th, 2002, 12:28 pm

My favorite business card use is having the participant write something on the back of your business card and you merely hold it to your forehead and reveal the contents of what was written. (This is not intended as a shamelss plug either but....) I learned several new methods for doing that, the first from "Peek Performances" and the second was from a brand new product (booklet and video) from The Wonder Workshop titled "Raxton's Master Billet-move" and it is brilliant too.

It is something that they will remember which is the reason for giving them the info(business card) in the first place.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
http://www.mindguy.com

Return to “Close-Up Magic”