Wellington Magic Switchboard

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
steve

Wellington Magic Switchboard

Postby steve » October 26th, 2001, 5:38 pm

I recently purchased the above mentioned apparatus. Don't know why, but I did. It's not my normal stuff, but still, it sucked me in and I bought it. Thanks Denny ;)

None the less, this thing fools me when I'm doing it and I sit and laugh all the time because it's so impossible. Having said that, and knowing basically nothing about it before I bought it, does anyone know of anyone who does this on a regular basis? Is the included routine and patter the most common? Is anyone really known for their work on this? I would just like to see someone perform it for laymen (just out of curiousity).

Great piece of magic, in my opinion.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Robert McDaniel

Re: Wellington Magic Switchboard

Postby Robert McDaniel » October 26th, 2001, 6:38 pm

I bought the original version about 10 years ago. (The one with the big lightbulbs.) I have it in my office at work. I probably show it to someone once a week when they sit down and ask, "What the heck is that?" I've shown it to all kinds of people, even professional electricians, and no one has ever figured it out. I'm tempted to buy the smaller version because it looks so cool and it doesn't need an electrical outlet.
Robert McDaniel

steve

Postby steve » October 27th, 2001, 4:03 am

I also have the large version as well. I had a problem with paying that kind of money for something that uses batteries :)

Postby Guest » November 2nd, 2001, 9:51 pm

I use this from time to time with adult audiences. I start out talking about building a house and the contractors fouling things up...the wrong color light switches in the wrong rooms, et cetra. I get a good reaction from my routine involving a couple and talking about men's supposedly mechanical skills and women's use of intuition. This all gets woven into the routine. Peace...Fred reisz

Return to “Close-Up Magic”