Sponge Ball routine

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Sponge Ball routine

Postby Guest » September 17th, 2001, 2:41 pm

Help. You guys have been great in the past...Anyway, I am trying to find a stronge sponge routine to do in a walk around situation. Any help would be appreciated. So what is the best sponge ball routine.

Re: Sponge Ball routine

Postby Guest » September 17th, 2001, 3:55 pm

Get CARNEYCOPIA, his routine is great for all the right reasons.

j.H.

Postby Guest » September 17th, 2001, 5:02 pm

I have an intersting sponge routine with amy colors and phases. If you're interedted, email me, AndiniL@hotmail.com

Postby Guest » September 18th, 2001, 2:29 pm

I am not quite sure what "amy colors" are, but I bet it is a facinating routine

Spydur

Postby Guest » September 18th, 2001, 4:43 pm

Sorry about that typo but I meant to say "many" not "amy." Sorry again!

Postby Guest » October 2nd, 2001, 9:00 pm

I just purchased Patrick Page's video on sponge ball routine. It was $20.00 and I found it to be pretty enlightening.

Postby Guest » October 4th, 2001, 6:26 pm

Eugene Burger has his handling, which is very strong, on his Stevens Emporium vidoe. It is in print in his latest book, Mastering the Art of Magic (plug for you, Richard). I took that basic routine and applied it to the sponge rabbits using the Nielson set, and it gets a very strong reaction.

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » October 4th, 2001, 11:13 pm

Best sponge ball routine I've seen lately is Greg Wilson's.

For one thing, it doesn't use sponge balls. You start with two cocktail napkins and roll them up into balls. There is nothing else in your hands.

The first sequence is the same as the final sequence in John Carney's excellent routine. But then Greg adds a third ball in an extremely natural and deceptive way.

The third ball is used to cancel the method from the first sequence, and vanishes to the same place it was stolen from.

I'm pretty sure it's on Greg's latest two-volume video set, but I learned it at a lecture so I don't even know the name. It's a hell of a routine, all the better because all you need to do is secretly ball up a cocktail napkin and hide it and you're ready to go anywhere -- even if you left your sponges at home.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”