Card to Wallet

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
JR Russell

Card to Wallet

Postby JR Russell » January 23rd, 2002, 12:20 am

I love the card to wallet but now I would like to get a regular hip style wallet that we all normally carry. When I was in Japan I saw Ton Onasaka's wallet and was impressed but decided to shop around. Does anybody have any suggestions?
JR Russell
"Fly Navy"

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Re: Card to Wallet

Postby Steve Bryant » January 23rd, 2002, 5:13 am

Steve Draun's wallet is also very good. I like Ton's wallet because it also functions as a Himber wallet. You can remove the wallet (now loaded with a signed card), show it empty, and then cause the selected card to vanish and appear in the wallet. There is a routine for this in one of the recent Darwin Ortiz books.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » January 23rd, 2002, 8:00 am

I like the KB wallet. I think it is made in England. I got it at a swap meet.

It has a snap to open, and is sooo easy to load. A gambler's cop in my left hand, goes to hip pocket...the card is in with no hand readjustment.

Bring it out, unsnap it, unzip the inner compartment and voila a standing ovation every time.

Put it back it is reset.

:p
Stay tooned.

walkinoats

Postby walkinoats » January 23rd, 2002, 9:40 am

I use JC Hyatt's Triple Zipper Wallet.(excuse the spelling)
You can purchase it from Joe Stevens. I love it because you don't need to wear a jacket. The wallet uses a glide to load the card into the wallet. I highly recommend it. Does anyone else use this wallet?

Matt Sedlak

Postby Matt Sedlak » January 23rd, 2002, 1:12 pm

As far as Card to Wallet goes, I just use my normal wallet thats in my back pocket. It has an opening on the top where you stick your license and stuff. I usually use my insurance card for a guide for a few reasons. The card isnt immediatly visible at first. Also my insurance cards folds in half so that its really loaded inside my insurance card. Basically I use the insurance thing to my advantage as I patter.

Postby Guest » January 23rd, 2002, 1:54 pm

For what it is worth, I have been getting alot of mileage out of Bob Solari's item called "Keyruption". This allows you to remove a folded and signed card from a key case. I use this at the climax of my ambitious card routine.

To top it off, it is also my key case.

Sean Macfarlane

Postby Sean Macfarlane » January 23rd, 2002, 3:00 pm

I have a question, I have Steve Drauns wallet and think its excellent, Steve gives his instructions when you buy it, and he uses a gamblers cop. I started to practice using a full palm, is it easier to load a hip style wallet using the gamblers cop? I'm going to play with it for a while to see for myself but am curious what others think.

The Mesika wallet is also good too.

Postby Guest » January 23rd, 2002, 3:15 pm

I use the HeatWave wallet

Its a hip wallet and it has a flaming wallet section (z-fold) The flaming wallet section needs work (it uses a flighter flint that works after a couple of tries)

I use it at the end of my ring on rope routine. The spectator's ring ends up in my zipped coin section. (I joke that I will pay for the lost ring and I should have enough spare change in my wallet)

Return to “Close-Up Magic”