Williamson's Peeling off the signature climax.

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Williamson's Peeling off the signature climax.

Postby Guest » September 15th, 2001, 1:14 am

I need help finding letraline any info where I can get some would be greatly appreciated
:)
God Bless America!

Re: Williamson's Peeling off the signature climax.

Postby Guest » September 15th, 2001, 2:00 am

An art supply store should have it in the drafting supplies section.

TC

Postby Guest » September 15th, 2001, 4:28 am

Good luck finding it. Over the past five years ive seen art supply stores phase this sort of material out due to the digital transformation of design. The same holds true for 10pt Helvetica White transfer letters (for you know what). All of the major Art stores here in Portland no longer carry either. Try online. Avery, Letraset, and others are bound to have sites that still feature these goodies.

j.H.

Postby Guest » September 15th, 2001, 5:58 am

Here in the SF Bay Area there are still stores that have the lowtech stuff. One, however, was going out of bis. (to far from any college) and I snagged two pages 8pt white Lettraset for $6 :eek:

I also picked up Krylon dulling spray which it turns out is not the same as dull coat :confused:

Oh well.

Postby Guest » September 15th, 2001, 12:21 pm

Thanks for the response. I have tried all the major chains and so far i have had no luck. I'll keep looking though! Also if you guys know of a specific store that does stock this stuff please let me know.Thanks again.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 15th, 2001, 1:03 pm

Jay, I would try calling one of the major art supply stores in New York City. Since I moved away ten years ago, I can't recall their names, but you might try calling information and asking for "Pearl Art Supplies," and "Charette."
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » September 15th, 2001, 2:27 pm

If you have an Office Max or Staples nearby, try there. I've gotten a lot of it from them.
Rick

Postby Guest » September 21st, 2001, 3:23 pm

Something that I use to play around with was Liquid Electrical Tape. You can paint it on and the best part is that it can be made to look like a signature. It was fun to maess around with so give it a try.

Spydur

Postby Guest » September 21st, 2001, 8:40 pm

In case anyone was wondering, the letraset I'm referring to that is carried by Staples and Office Max is usually found in the graphic arts section near the rub-on letters.
Rick

Postby Guest » September 25th, 2001, 6:59 pm

Thanks for all the help. I finally found some at a drafting supply store in Miami.
Cheers,
Jay

Postby Guest » September 26th, 2001, 4:19 am

I found that you can use the thin line of plastic tape that gets pulled of a new deck of cards. Before pulling it off use a heavy black marker to color it in. I'm sure you get the idea. Anyway, good luck to you ;)

Jeff Haas

Postby Jeff Haas » September 26th, 2001, 2:46 pm

One thing that's occurred to me, although I haven't tried it yet, is to experiment with the new gel pens that are out. You can get them in white ink...which might be a useful replacement for that 10pt Letraset.

Postby Guest » September 26th, 2001, 5:06 pm

That has been thought of and it works real well. You can make your own marking that no one else will know. There are also some great red and blue pens that you can use to cover up the "birds" wit. Check 'em awt.

"Double Dippin'"

Spydur

Jeff Haas

Postby Jeff Haas » September 26th, 2001, 6:37 pm

Spydur, which red and blue pens, specifically, work? I used to be able to get Dixon RediSharp ultra fine point, to do Bob Farmer's Farmarx system, but these aren't in my local office supply stores anymore.

Postby Guest » September 28th, 2001, 12:35 pm

The pens that I have experimented with are the "Milky Rollers" or something similar to that type of pen. They seem to mask the white well. I hope this helps.

Spydur

Postby Guest » October 7th, 2001, 3:15 pm

Originally posted by Justin Hanes:
Good luck finding [Letraline]
j.H.

Wesley James, in his mauscript "Pristine", offers some alternative materials/methods for creating the peel-off signature.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne

Postby Guest » October 12th, 2001, 9:26 am

I just cut a spiral from black electricians tape with a craft knife. works well.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”